Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K-x LCD Brightness

I have been shooting some football games and have a problem with the brightness of both the Viewfinder and the LCD (set on nominal). In bright sunlight it is not possible to see any info on either screen. I have maxed out the brightness on the LCD and hope that will allow me to view the status screen. I am not expecting to review any pics.

Is there an overlay that will allow the status screen to be viewed? I have tried various forms of shading the screen but nothing I tried allowed me to read the information. Any tips that I can use to improve visibility?

If the K-x LCD is given a rating of 1 in bright sunlight for brightness, what value would be assigned to the 921,000 pix screen of the Kr / K5?

Thanks, Bill

09-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K7 has the big nearly megapixel screen and it too gets hard to see in bright sunlight. I don't know of an overlay that will help (not saying they don't exist, I just don't know). I don't know if they are made for Pentax but I've seen a product that you can place over the screen that acts as a big shade. It folds down when not in use.

Google..

Another product you might want to look into is a Hoodman..

Google

09-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

What I usually do is put the camera inside my shirt and act like a turtle

Indeed, it gets hard to see under sunlight. I'm yet to see an usable LCD screen to use under this condition, as it's a deficiency of the LCD's design itself (being backlit), so don't count on K-5/K-r (or any other cam which uses LCD) to be much better.