Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #1

First photo shoot this Sunday!

So I'm taking on my first photo shoot for a friend who is trying to make a name for himself in the hip-hop industry.

I have taken photo classes in college, and had a great time with it.

I'm using my new K-x, with the kit 18-50mm. I can't afford some new glass yet.

I'm nervous! Less nervous though since I'm doing it for free.

Any advice? Lenses I should be looking for? I am on the hunt for a FA 50mm 1.4

Thanks!

10-08-2010, 05:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Since you can't afford new glass, I wouldn't go hunting for it. The kit lens is surprisingly adept and adequate for simpler photo's with some post processing accounting for fringing.
No flash photography? On most of my shoots I use a flash or two to enhance lighting, let's suppose you don't have any external flashes.
I would say that you want some interesting lighting. Shoot outside where you can take advantage of the sunlight or shoot indoors with some lamps, perhaps colored.
Experiment and have fun, this is your first shoot!
10-08-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your friend is striving to become a hip hop artist. Relax. All his poses will be with his baggy pants on the ground, a flat rimmed LA Raiders cap and a scowl of indifference on his face. Lighting is not all that important for street cred. Y'know whut I'm sayin'?