Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Slide film to use with stereo adapter indoors?

Just ordered a Pentax stereo adapter! The adapter dictates the use of a 50mm lens at f5.6 or f8 at between 1.5m and 4m from the subject. It comes with a stereo slide viewer.

Any recommendation on what slide film to use? I'm planning to inside places like churches with varied lighting, e.g. dim light with tungsten cast. Mainly wanting to shoot subjects like musicians and so on.

I'm assuming I'll need pretty fast film? I've never worked with anything greater than 400.

Thanks again!

10-13-2010, 04:44 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
From my limited experience doing stereo (3D) photography years ago, pick whatever film you want that meets the lighting need.
As to church interiors, you do realize that 4M from the subject is about 13 feet, right?
Brian

P.S. I used to do my 3D with two cameras side by side on a custom made bracket.
10-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would just try a few and see what happens. You're probably going to have to experiment anyway (isn't that half the fun of trying new things?). I've grown to like Fuji Provia and Velvia films for my medium format stuff (though I don't shoot much slide film anymore). As to speed, if it's an issue, use a tripod.