Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #16

Original Poster
Ken,
Thank you. I checked...USA warranty and 30 day return policy (for any reason). I placed my order. They did call to confirm my address and "offer me" an extended life battery. Ron and other said a similar sales pitch happened to them. I said I needed nothing further and there was no pressure. It was a lot like "do you want fries with that".
So far so good, I think. The cs person verified that it was a new and in the box camera from Pentax with a full 1 yr. Pentax warranty.
With their 100% ebay feedback, I'm feeling relatively confident that I'll get what I'm expecting.
If so, I'll be sure to share about the deal here.

10-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by squigglytwigs Quote
Ken,
With their 100% ebay feedback, I'm feeling relatively confident that I'll get what I'm expecting.
If so, I'll be sure to share about the deal here.
I think you now have every reason to be confident and the price was very good. And, with Ebay (Paypal ?) the Force should be with you in case of trouble ;-) In any case, please share the experience.
10-30-2010, 03:48 AM   #18

Original Poster
I have the camera. I'm not sure I'd recommend the company, their business practices had me a bit worried. But, it came as described and the warranty checked out with Pentax so I'm happy. Now to learn how to use it..
I'll be reading quite a bit here.
Thanks.
10-30-2010, 05:51 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm glad it worked out for you :-) I too got mine from the dealer with the lowest price I could find, and the experience was a bit unnerving, as they claimed they had it in stock at the time I placed the order, but it took close to two weeks to actually get it.

11-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #20
Forum Member

I've been searching high and low for the best price on a Pentax K-X and saw Quick Stop Digital after your decent review I think I'll pull the trigger next week. Knowing the warranty checked out with Pentax is very helpful to know. Joined this forum while looking for reviews for quickstop, I think ill be posting more once i pull the trigger on this i'll report back with progress.
11-03-2010, 03:52 AM   #21

Original Poster
Quick Stop Digital

FWIW, I wasn't recommending them. My camera did come as described, but I may have been lucky. There were so many red flags, that I won't order there again and wouldn't have ordered if any of those red flags had presented themselves before placing my order.
I'd say an order could be risky. I surely felt like mine was. Also, I sent an email to them, during the process, and noticed it actually went to "Camera King". I've recently heard about that company. Maybe their company has two names.
I'd dig further or order from a reputable seller here for sure.
Debbie
11-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #22
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
As far as vendors go, I've actually had good luck with BuyDig. Ordered two cameras from them over the last year, and both have come quickly with no "up-selling" calls. They have also had some of the best prices that I've seen, especially for the K-x.

Just my two cents, and like squigglytwigs has stated, maybe I too am one of the lucky ones...
04-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #23
Inactive Account

AVOID QUICK STOP DIGITAL at all costs!!!!

I 'purchased' a camera through the website and was contacted the following day to CONFIRM my intent to purchase. They tried selling me MORE, but I insisted that I simply wanted the camera body, no lense or extras. I waited, emailed, tried calling, and received no response. Finally, 16 days later I made contact with them. Their customer service was RUDE and simply explained that they just didn't have the product and would email me at the end of the month when a new shipment came in. I had only had my credit card for 1 month and had only made this purchase and another with amazon (never had any problems with amazon and had purchased these items 3 weeks before this incident with QSD). The very next day (after dealing with their customer service), my credit card information was STOLEN and purchases were made with my credit card. I tried calling Quick Stop Digital, but could not get through. An investigation should be made into this company's security and access to our credit card information. THEFT, DISHONESTY, LACK OF COMMUNICATION, and OVERSELLING PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT IN STOCK is what this company is all about.