Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Grip cause flash to break? Help!!

I think I have a problem with my pop up flash on my K10D . I installed a BG2 grip ( not Pentax) and went to fire off some shots and the built in flash did not fire. I attached my Metz however,and all was fine. I was wondering if the grip had anything to do with the pop up not working, or was it a coincidence. Really bummed about this, although the Metz works and probably will not use the pop up, still wondering if the grip had anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

10-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gerrys,

Attaching the grip should not change how the builtin flash behaves. Take the grip off and retry.

Had the lighting changed?

Regards

Chris Stone
10-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #3

Original Poster
Chris,

I took off the grip and had the same result. Tried different lighting and still no success. Still works with my Metz. Do you think the bulb is broken?
10-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

It is a sign not to use the pop-up.

If you wear a baseball hat make sure the brim is not depressing the flash slightly, because it will not fire.