Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
where can i get Pentax KX (white) in Sunnyvale, CA?

Hello,

My Brother wants to buy KX(white twin kit lens) in Sunnyvale can one pl tell me where he can get Pentax dealer/Shop ?

---
AJ

10-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
There is a retailer locator on pentax's website, pentaximaging.com, but it isn't very reliable. It includes 3 stores near me where they don't actually carry pentax DSLRs. The closest place that carries pentax gear to me is about an hour away.

Here is a suggestion for a sticky to the Mods, how about a thread where people list their favorite local camera stores that actually carry pentax DSLRs.
10-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #3

I'm not sure if they have Fry's Electronics in NorCal, here in SoCal, Fry's have a white K-X on display but its not a twin kit lens and as far as I can remember they don't have white in stock just the black ones. Probably better if your brother buys online as it may be a lot cheaper plus no tax if he get's it at B&H or Adorama (both in East Coast).
10-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
They wont have a white one in stock but they have the k-x and k-7 with most DA lenses ...
http://www.sanjosecamera.com/shop-online.html

Pentax K-X Entry-Level DSLR Dual Lens Kit - DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Lens & 55-300 F4-5.8 ED (Black) $819.95 ok price they might be able to special order a white one.

10-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #5

After checking, they do have Fry's on that area, Here's their # 408-617-1300

Fry's website: http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&query_string=pentax+k...=9&submit.y=13
10-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #6

You can drive out to the east bay and buy it from this guy:

White Pentax K-x set up for Sale/Trade

10-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bayareahdv Quote
They wont have a white one in stock but they have the k-x and k-7 with most DA lenses ...
San Jose Camera - Shop Online

Pentax K-X Entry-Level DSLR Dual Lens Kit - DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Lens & 55-300 F4-5.8 ED (Black) $819.95 ok price they might be able to special order a white one.
compared to amazon & B & H which is 720$ its little over my budget
in Amazon electronic expo is having KX so is it better to go for B&H?

--
Aj

10-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
There is a retailer locator on pentax's website, pentaximaging.com, but it isn't very reliable. It includes 3 stores near me where they don't actually carry pentax DSLRs. The closest place that carries pentax gear to me is about an hour away.

Here is a suggestion for a sticky to the Mods, how about a thread where people list their favorite local camera stores that actually carry pentax DSLRs.
hey mike, well listing Fav local camera is a better idea
it will help others for sure.
10-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by skoobie Quote
You can drive out to the east bay and buy it from this guy:

White Pentax K-x set up for Sale/Trade

But its Used one any new camera ?
10-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
Veteran Member

B&H will ship one directly to your door.

Jason
10-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I live in San Jose and would suggest buying it online if possible. When I was shopping for my Kx about 6 months ago I found that all retail stores were at least $100 more than amazon, BH and much more than a used one on this marketplace.
10-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #12

Fry's Electronics has the K-x with the 18-55mm lens. As others have suggested, buying online from Amazon, BH etc is a much better deal. Not only are the prices better, you also save on the sales tax.
10-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
Forum Member

I was at San Jose Camera yesterday and wasn't too fond of their prices. Everything I looked at could be had online at significantly cheaper prices. Not to mention the salesman that helped me out acted like I walked into his house and wiped my feet on his rug. Not a happy man.

Amazon/B&H is the way to go.
10-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Turbo_Spool900 Quote
I was at San Jose Camera yesterday and wasn't too fond of their prices. Everything I looked at could be had online at significantly cheaper prices. Not to mention the salesman that helped me out acted like I walked into his house and wiped my feet on his rug. Not a happy man.

Amazon/B&H is the way to go.
I have been to that store a few times and for the most part they are friendly BUT the last time I was there during our normal conversation I nonchalantly said that I was going to buy from an on-line store because it will be a lot cheaper. This obviously angered the worker and he tried to tell me that I was making a mistake and his reasons were because you don't know what you're getting with on-line stores. "It could be a counterfeit", "you'd be surprised how many people get ripped off buying on-line", "you do not get the return policy that a store offers", along with many other quotes. In any case the worker continued to "harass" me about buying on-line until I pretty much told him that he may be correct for people that have no idea what they are doing and that I in fact do know what to look for. I ended the conversation by telling him that retail stores need to be price competitive with on-line stores if they wish to stay in business. He didn't like that comment either. I think I am no longer welcome in SJ Camera, haha.
10-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #15
Forum Member

I think it might have just been that one disgruntled employee. The other people behind the counter seemed nice enough and were helping other customers willingly. I've had a similar experience as you, though at another local business that I frequent. Went in and told them that I could find an oxygen sensor for my car for about half the price (OEM Bosch part for my car) that they were offering it at. The owner was sitting behind the counter but not part of the conversation and was livid. When I came back the next time I was told not to bring up stuff like that anymore and understandably so. He doesn't want to be undercut, and out of respect for their business I won't bring it up again.

I can understand that they don't want to be outsold by online retailers and will of course try and sell you on the "genuine"-ness of their in store product, but you're 100% right. Brick and mortar need to be more price competitive with online. Then of course we get into the economics of it all with online stores having considerably less overhead and lower operating costs, ect, whatever, but the fact is that if a customer wants to buy online the salesman needs to acknowledge the fact that he's been outsold and move on to the next, not sit there and hardball you when they've clearly been bested.