Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Film for a Pentax ME Super?

I have just bought a Pentax ME Super but I have no idea what lens to buy, or where to get it from. I'm a relative beginner. Okay this may sound like a stupid question, but whenever I look for 35mm film it always comes up with 135mm. Can I use that type film? I know I can buy it off ebay or Lomography but are there any cheaper alternatives? Also which film would be best, I just want a simple, relatively cheap one to begin with. Thanks.

10-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
135mm is the correct size film for your camera. Fuji and Kodak make good inexpensive color film. Ilford is a great brand of film also, although not as inexpensive as Kodak and Fuji, at least here in the states. There are a number of really great choices for lenses for this camera. For a standard lens I use the 50mm f1.4 or the 50mm f1.7. There is also a 50mm f2.0 which may be the least expensive. There are many lens choices available in all focus lengths. Your camera uses K mount lenses.
Have fun with your ME super. It is my favorite manual focus camera.
10-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Okay thanks. I've got so much to learn about cameras :S I will buy some film tomorrow
10-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The film size is "135".....not "135mm". Kodak used to give their various film sizes three digit numbers for names.

If you have no experience with film, just get the cheapest thing you can find. There should be some ultra-cheap stuff available at bargain store or a drugstore chain. Chances are you're ruin all or part of the first couple of rolls you do anyway and there is no point paying for the best film to practice loading the camera with.

10-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Since you're in London, I'd go with Ilford for B&W. Assuming you want to do your own development as well, Ilford has great chemicals. ID-11 is a great developer, and they make a good fixer as well.