Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #1

Pentax i10

Bonjour tout le monde.
Je vais faire simple et rapide.
Je viens d'acquérir un compact Pentax i10 et je suis surpris de voir qu'au delà d'une sensibilité de 200 iso l'image devient granuleuse à outrance. Ayant conscience que l'appareil n'est pas une foudre de guerre y a t il une possibilité d'augmenter la sensibilité sans altérer la qualité de l'image(réglages sur la luminosité ou autre) et sans pour autant passer à du post traitement comme photoshop ou autre??? car je trouve vraiment dommage d'avoir un appareil avec un capteur de 12 mégapixels ne pouvant être réellement exploité.

Merci par avance pour vos réponses.

11-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I keep my camera firmly on 100 or 200 ASA just for that reason. ANd to tell you the truth, 400 ASA sucks when you use films as well. SO I'm wondering, "excessively grainy" as compared to what? From the days I was in a post secondary photography course the rule has always been there. Use the lowest ASA you can get away with. Picture quality is always compromised by using a higher ASA. That being said, maybe another i10 owner can help you out. Maybe someone has aactually come up with a way to produce high quality images from low light. But, I wouldn't hold my breath, unless the laws of physics have been turned on their heads.
11-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #3

12 megapixels isn't the solution as much as it's the problem. The physical size of the sensor is the main problem as poor high ISO performance is common for small sensors, even if they're a high pixel count/density. Short of replacing the sensor, the only feasible solutions are to lower the ISO and increase the light or increase your exposure time. Increases the shutter time typically isn't practical unless the subject is a still life and you use a tripod, negating the usual purpose of a small, portable point-and-shoot camera. You can increase the light by turning on a light switch or getting an inexpensive optical slave flash. The light switch is likely the most practical solution.
11-02-2010, 04:06 AM   #4

Original Poster
Merci pour vos réponses.