Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #1

So..

...after much consideration i'm going for the k-x, mostly from amazon. Any other suggestions for better pricing?

11-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #2

A lot of the time you can find them cheaper here in the marketplace. Or you can buy a barely used K20 for the same price as Amazon's K-x price. The k20 IMO pretty much outperforms the K-x in everything except ISO and of course the K-x has video. just throwin options out there.
11-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Two things:

1) KX might go on a massive sale for Christmas since it is being replaced by the KR.
2) Craigslist can have some phenomenal deals... just make sure you meet in person (in a public place!)
11-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by privateryan Quote
A lot of the time you can find them cheaper here in the marketplace. Or you can buy a barely used K20 for the same price as Amazon's K-x price. The k20 IMO pretty much outperforms the K-x in everything except ISO and of course the K-x has video. just throwin options out there.
K-x it is for me.Does the marketplace stock brand new pieces? No 2nd hand for me.

@paperbag :When will the sale start? I'm looking to buy one asap.

11-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
[quoteLzel;1246766]K-x it is for me.Does the marketplace stock brand new pieces? No 2nd hand for me.
[/quote]

That pretty much rules out the market place though there are a couple resellers selling new items there. Haven't seen any offerings of New camera bodies though.

QuoteQuote:
@paperbag :When will the sale start? I'm looking to buy one asap.
Then buy one now. On a new camera, I wouldn't be looking for a Massive price drop any time in the immediate future. Though, for the Christmas shoppers, you may find a bargain in the beginning of December.

As to the best price, Google is your friend.

Enjoy your new camera.
11-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lzel Quote
...after much consideration i'm going for the k-x, mostly from amazon. Any other suggestions for better pricing?
I got my K-X with 2 kit lenses, 18-55 and 55-300mm, for $629 from Amazon late August. It is the lowest price ever for this kit till now. So, you have an idea how low price can go.
11-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #7

I bought mine 2 weeks ago and spent a lot of time checking prices over internet.

$630 is a really good price for the kit lenses 18-55+55-300mm.

If you only want the 18-55mm lens a good price for a brand new K-x should be around $500. I suggest to avoid the kit with 18-55+55-200mm lenses as the second one does not seem to be really good (compared to the 55-300mm).
11-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Psylo Quote
I bought mine 2 weeks ago and spent a lot of time checking prices over internet.

$630 is a really good price for the kit lenses 18-55+55-300mm.

If you only want the 18-55mm lens a good price for a brand new K-x should be around $500. I suggest to avoid the kit with 18-55+55-200mm lenses as the second one does not seem to be really good (compared to the 55-300mm).
A slight correction:

The second lens mentioned here, and correctly described as not so good, is the the 50-200 (not 55).

In addition, don't hold your breath for K-x prices to drop dramatically, regardless of the introduction of the K-r:

Not only is the K-r priced significantly higher--creating no incentive for dealers or Pentax to lower the cost of the K-x--but as it is, based on the above mentioned prices, the K-x is a pretty freaking sweet deal as it is.

One more thing:

Buy from B&H via the link here. Not only is the price comparable, but this site gets credit for this, and you're guaranteed no problems. B&H is very active on this website and aims to please.

Just don't order on Shabaas, the Jewish Sabaath, when their web site doesn't take orders--Friday evening sundown to Saturday evening sundown.

11-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

I also believe that for around $30 +/- you can also order an extended warranty for an additional 2 years.

11-02-2010, 01:45 AM   #10

Original Poster
@ Ira : There's a amazon link as well. Doesn't the site get credit via them?