Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
A few points:

1) M42s will consistently underexpose on the K-x in Av mode, which is why I always shoot in M.

2) On the K-x, you don't have to use the Green button to lock in shutter speed, and you can assign it for something else. The Av+/- button defaults to do the same thing in M mode. (I shoot mostly JPEGs, and have my Green button assigned to switch to RAW.)

3) You will still get focus confirmation with these old manual lenses (beep and hexagon), but at very small apertures, it doesn't always work. So if I find myself shooting at F11, I'll focus wide open, then stop down, then hit the Av button.

4) Make sure you have it set for "Use Aperture Ring--Permitted."

5) Every time you power up the camera, you will get a menu to select the manual lens's focal length. (This is for shake reduction.) You'll select 50, and it will default to this every time you use this lens, but you still have to hit "Okay." If the next time you put a 135mm manual on there and select 135mm, it will keep defaulting back to 135 when you power up. (The camera remembers the last manual lens used.)

Have fun with it. That's my favorite lens!!!
I second all 5 points! Nicely put.

11-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
The foil to block the sun from hitting the outside of the lens (heat is bad). The "bottom" also helps reflecting the UV back into the lens.

Muchas Gracias!