Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Kx software won't load

I had the supplied K-x software S-SW99 installed and running ok
I installed the latest up date now it won't open and I get a runtime error message.
I have uninstalled and re installed that did not help.
I am running XP and used the restore feature to go back to a date prior to the upgrade.
still won't work.
I have looked in the software root directory using regedit and when the sw99 is uninstalled there is nothing there.
some where some thing from the upgrade is hidden and causing a problem any Ideas anyone???

Last edited by adwb; 11-06-2010 at 02:59 AM. Reason: did not realise we had asoftware forum duplicat post sorry
11-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
hi we don't have a software forum so here goes.
I had the supplied K-x software S-SW99 installed and running ok
I installed the latest up date now it won't open and I get a runtime error message.
I have uninstalled and re installed that did not help.
I am running XP and used the restore feature to go back to a date prior to the upgrade.
still won't work.
I have looked in the software root directory using regedit and when the sw99 is uninstalled there is nothing there.
some where some thing from the upgrade is hidden and causing a problem any Ideas anyone???

I hate to say this because I know there's probably added expense to doing so, your best solution is to get different software. The Pentax supplied software has crashed on every computer I've ever installed it on. You've already tried the standard solutions. There is probably still some fragment of it left somewhere on the drive.

11-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That sounds like something I saw on another thread here the other day with the solution of deleting some .ini file or such if I can recall. (It apparently puts something in the file which results in a runtime error down the line.)
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It stinks on a Mac too.

11-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
yes and what realy p***es on my battery is the fact that the older software for the k10 ect works fine and will show the raw files from the kx but non of the exif data.
it is a bit odd as the same software with the upgrade works fine on a laptop and a netbook