Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Tilt shift lenses made for Pentax APS-C bodies

I know this has probably been answered numerous times but can lenses made for the 645 be used on the APS-C SLR K mount bodies? The HARTBLEI Digital 45mm Super-Rotator Tilt Shift Lens is the only tilt shift lens I've seen for Pentax but it's made for only a 645. Are there any tilt shift lenses made for Pentax APS-C bodies?

Thanks

11-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
APS-C is not the preferred format for tilt shift functionality. It's just too small to mate all that well with existing lenses.

You can check out the Arax products. These are only 35mm in focal length, which is too long for most architectural purposes. I once owned a Pentax 28mm shift manual lens and other ones come up on the Marketplace now and then. But shift is not tilt shift of course.

If you are serious about using tilt shift lenses, consider using either Canon or Nikon systems. The Canon 17mm is supposed to be outstanding. Even my Canon 24mm TSE on my 7D works out OK enough using LiveView, as I'm learning to use stitched images for landscape capture.

M
11-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can always use a lensbaby, or the K 28mm shift lens.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks

11-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Ebay lists the Arax 80mm version for $369. The Arax web site says the 35mm version is out-of-stock.
11-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Mirex tilt shift adapter is the best I'm aware of for getting any 645 lens onto your k mount body.

They're precision engineered in Germany - not cheap, but the quality is said to be superb.

Their website is auf Deutsch. The details are fairly self evident if you're an English only shooter.