Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
OK, so i think i decided to buy the K7 instead. A few reasons being the feel of the camera in my the additional wheel control and I think the ISO will be fine with what my low-light conditions I will be working with. My daughter has a hockey game this afternoon and I am going to borrow someones Canon at the rink to see what ISO she is shooting at then I will know better.
But with that being said, if I am loking for a WR camera should I be looking at only WR lenses? Tomorrow Pentax has a rebate program starting in conjunction with K7 purchase so if I now have a 100-300 lens (not WR) and the lens that comes with it(18-55) what lens is a good one to buy? There is a $100 rebate with purchase of lens with any K7? (I like the idea of a WR prime lens for experimenting and I like the macro world). I am rambling but, well thats what I do sometimes. Lots of questions and all the input so far has helped a bunch and has made me think...hmmm...? So keep the advice and experiences coming.

Thanks,
Mark

11-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless the DA35 f2.4 is a WR lens, the only WR Primes I know of (in the Pentax line) are the DFA100mm f2.8 WR, the DA*200 f2.8 and the DA*300 f4. I own 2 of the 3 (don't have the 200) and both are fantastic lenses but costly, especially now. If the 35 IS WR, and you want a walkaround prime, that's probably a good starting point. The K7 kit lens is an ok lens. I haven't used mine very much which is why whoever buys my K7 will also be getting the lens but here are a few samples from it.

1A_Compare 28 to kit lens - a set on Flickr

These were done a few months ago at a user's request when I was selling a Penax A28 f2.8. He wanted to see how the two lenses stacked up to one another. As it happens, the 18-55 is probably best at 24-28 mm at f5.6 or so. The exifs are in tact and you can see which is which by looking at the photo titles.

Don't know if that'll push you more towards the K7, or away from it.. If you need a further push one way or the other, view my flickr account (linked by clicking the banner in my sig where it says K7). Anything taken between 11/4/09 and 11/4/10, was taken with my K7 and various lenses.

11-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #18
Ira
Inactive Account

Why do you think you need WR?
11-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
In the list of WR primes, there is always the DA * 55/1.4 . . . For those willing to spend the money.

It is a sad thing that WR versions of the 12-24 (or a DA* 10-20 or an 8-16) and the 35/2.4 have not been released. Pentax would gain a certain amount of additional cachet if those WR primes were also available, since otherwise the set of WR options is increasingly complete.

11-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Impartial Quote
In the list of WR primes, there is always the DA * 55/1.4 . . . For those willing to spend the money.

It is a sad thing that WR versions of the 12-24 (or a DA* 10-20 or an 8-16) and the 35/2.4 have not been released. Pentax would gain a certain amount of additional cachet if those WR primes were also available, since otherwise the set of WR options is increasingly complete.
Shame on me. Forgot about that one and it's sitting right next to the computer... I guess that's because typically, WR isn't that important to me..