Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Using something as tiny and light as this Manfrotto (much smaller than a gorrila pod even):

I was able to shoot these while on my last holiday.

I would never go on holiday without at least this tiny tripod, it makes for getting vacation photos that are different from what most others can get.

11-18-2010, 05:55 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
freshsnapper
Might by I can help you since I know both places. Definitely take a polarizer with you to shot glacier, they are huge and you would have both deeply dark blue zones and sunlight’s reflections. I found a polarizer helps a lot with that mess of light.
Regarding Iguazu falls, the biggest water falls (Garganta del Diablo = Devil Throat), will be bigger than you expected because it is! from my own experience there are two ways on shooting at it: take several pictures making a panoramic and then join those pictures via software, or use a fisheye lens. My advice is that you’ll better take care on your camera because there is a constant water mist everywhere around that waterfall.
If you need tips on which places to visit in Patagonia, send me a pm and I’ll be please to help you.

Cheers, and well come to my country I hope you find it nice.

Last edited by Ogion; 11-18-2010 at 07:26 AM.
11-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I was just down in Iguazu earlier this year. Definitely get a polarizer, as it was helpful for me to catch the rainbows generated from the combination of sun, blue sky, and water. Be prepared to protect your gear though from mist and splashing from the falls. Travel light b/c you'll have to walk a lot. Not sure if there will be crowds when you go, but be prepared to be patient as people walk by you.

I only had the 2 kit lenses at the time, but the 50-200 not the 300. I don't recall using the longer lens much except for some of the wildlife- birds and butterflies. I did catch a nice shot of a tucan in the forest.

Like everyone said, gorillapod. If you can't get one, try one of those string and bolt DIY to help stabilize.

My last shot here shows the difficult conditions at gargantua...could get very misty. If you could, try to spend more time at the other falls for more intimate settings too.
Attached Images