Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #1

s1a stuck mirror

I have just inherited a Pentax s1a (circa '64) from my grandfather and unfortunately the mirror stuck after taking one shot. Can anyone give me any advice on how to release it?
I took it to a camera shop and they said to look online as there may be a way to coax it back with a pair of tweezers but I didn't want to try this incase it springs back and I scratch it! I don't have much money to spend..
Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks

11-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know anything about this model, but if it has a "T" on the shutter speed dial, the shutter will stay open until you press the shutter button again.
If not, you could try cocking the lever and pressing the shutter button to see if the mirror swings back down. It's a longshot, but worth a try.
Otherwise, you'll likely need to find a good camera repair tech. Hopefully, someone here can recommend one or two. I hope so, 'cause I've got some Pentax equipment that I'd like to send out for repair.