Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Don't feel too bad about the Tak Bayonet.

I have a tak bayonet 80-200 which is no stunner, but not bad either. It should be optically identical to the M version, just without the fancy coatings. It should give you a bit of fun (and you don't have to fuss with screwmount.

No problems with the coatings here!

Keep a 50 and sell a 50 for 30 dollars. Someone will take it. Use the broken ones as special effect lenses (assuming they take pictures at all). Grease one up for portraits with a 30's vibe .

Sounds like a fun buy, even though it wasn't full of K50 1.2's :P.

Last edited by paperbag846; 11-22-2010 at 09:34 PM.
11-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
Don't feel too bad about the Tak Bayonet.

I have a tak bayonet 80-200 which is no stunner, but not bad either. It should be optically identical to the M version, just without the fancy coatings. It should give you a bit of fun (and you don't have to fuss with screwmount.

No problems with the coatings here!

Keep a 50 and sell a 50 for 30 dollars. Someone will take it. Use the broken ones as special effect lenses (assuming they take pictures at all). Grease one up for portraits with a 30's vibe .

Sounds like a fun buy, even though it wasn't full of K50 1.2's :P.
definitely, I'm thinking about unloading the 50s to get enough for a pentax-A 50, i just feel the registered aparture setting will save alot more time then stopping down all the time.

yesterday I was about to unload all the lens back for 30 bucks because there was a canon XS kit for 200 bucks at sears, but the system canceled my order (none in stock), I was like "for real, a DSLR kit for 200 bucks, I would think someone would grab them all before it get to me".
12-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #18
Veteran Member

About those 'worthless' zooms -- I've sold a similar few in recent weeks on eBay, for prices ranging from US$5 to $26. Yes, it's a rather boring focal range on our dSLRs, but some people love it anyway. I have 4 or 5 in that range that are keepers for me. Yes, zoom creep is normal, and annoying. Yes, newer zooms are usually better. But I sometimes like those 40-year-old optical results.

About those M50/2's -- I have two and plan to sell one when it's worth selling, which for me may be next year sometime (because I overpaid), but for you is NOW, because a clean one may fetch US$25-30. Like the Bayonet 135/2.5 (I have one), they are good lenses that are better than much of the competition but are devalued versus more desirable Pentax glass.

My suggestion: Sell the broken ones for PARTS on eBay. Some of my PARTS lenses have fetched US$15-45 recently, so You Never Can Tell. Try out all the others, see what you like and what you don't. Do some simple tests: shoot wide-open and stopped-down straight into a brick wall to judge sharpness; shoot into a bright light fixture to judge fringing and flare; shoot a subject with a glittery/busy background to judge bokeh, etc. See what you like. Take some time. Don't rush to judgment. You got a good deal.

Last edited by RioRico; 12-05-2010 at 12:06 PM.
12-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, yeah, that Tak Bayonet 135 is nothing to cry about owning, you can get at least twice what you paid for the whole lot for that, and a lot more mileage than that out of using one. Some of the zooms so-labeled are pretty lame, but the only thing about the primes like that is that they don't have the best coatings and a lot of Pentax traditionalists were livid about applying the Tak name to less than the best Pentax made.

But, I've got one, myself. They're still really nice, especially by today's standards of a consumer lens. An SMC one would be better, especially with digitals, but the TakBay 135 pointedly does not suck.

12-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #20

Awesome

So jealous
12-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can just see this old lady... chuckling as she shuts the door... SUCKER!!...

looks like you did ok with your grab bag...