Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2010, 07:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Thorolf Quote
I was even toying with the idea of taking the Tamron SP 180mm F2.5 to be even futher away as it is a large venue.
First of all, congrats on being one of the 3000 lucky enough to own one of the these gems. I think my 180mm f2.5 is my second favorite lens behind the FA 77mm.

I've shot my 180mm f2.5 at a couple of weddings, but in the end, it's kind of a big heavy monster to have to lug around. Additionally, nailing focus on moving subjects at f2.5 proved to be quite a challenge for me. The DOF is really thin, and it's easy to be off just a bit with the focus.

If I were in your shoes, I think I would leave it behind. Or, if you have someplace you could keep it safely, you could bring it along and if you find yourself wishing you had something longer you could get it at that point. As much as I like the lens, I think it would prove to be a bit of a boat anchor for your shoot.

11-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not much I can add to what was already said, other than I'd love to be in your shoes! Just imagine - dozens of people all dressed up and looking their best, all in one room, all having fun! Plenty of photo opportunities there!