Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #16
Pentaxian

BethC, don't let all the negativity get you down. Your husband did good and got you some toys to play with. Those lenses may not be anything special but they are not worthless - stop it down a couple of steps and they will perform as well as any entry level modern lenses. At the worst, by playing with these lenses you can fine tune your lens selection for that keeper lens purchase.

Btw, I never did buy one of those far-off brand lenses but if I come across one in as nice condition as yours and the price is right, I would probably by it - just to see if my decision back then was correct or did I just buy into the media hype of the day.

Thanks,

11-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Who cares about the zooms? That 50mm and k100 look spotless! Great find .
11-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations. Its like Christmas early I bet. I know what you mean about wanting to play around with a Macro lens. I just got a Macro on a zoom that gets no respect but I only paid $30 (lot more than your husband apparently) and I'm having fun with it. Hope you get some time to play with your new lenses. Enjoy.