Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Metz 58 secondary flash use question?

to those who own a flash unit with dual flash like the Metz 58 or Promaster 5750/7500,etc..., do you use the secondary flash for fill-in or use the built-in pop-up flash instead? which one do you prefer using and why? had you tried using both the secondary flash and built-in flash simultaneously altogether with the primary head flash? if so, what is the purpose of you doing so? is it to increase power or light distribution or use the pop-up flash for wireless slave trigger or commander?

11-22-2010, 06:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

When Metz 58 (or any other flash) is mounted on camera the built in flash can't be used, because it can't fully open.
I'm using the secondary flash almost always when I bounce and it's always on 1/4. When Metz 58 is in straight position the secondary flash automatically turns off (because it wouldn't make any noticeable contribution to the main flash)
11-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
Pentaxian

When in wireless mode with my metz 48AF1 and both k10 and K-r to be honest I can't see and differeence if the pop up flash is set to controler or master in either full flash or fill flash [slow synk]