Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Newbie needs advice on where to find detailed Pentax ist DL specs

Hi there,

I have two Pentax *ist DL cameras that I'm trying to mount on a self designed stereo rig. In order to do that properly I'd need some technical info that has so far eluded me:

Even though the outside dimensions of the camera body are well documented I couldn't find the distance between optical axis and the bottom plate. I have tried to measure it (I got 36.7 mm) but that could easily be off by 0.5 mm. Does anyone in this forum know the exact distance or where to look it up?

The second question is regarding the Video/USB jack. All references to this jack that I could find are vague at best. I have been told by someone claiming to be "in the know" that the jack is a 4 pin micro USB Type A jack. Looking at the jack I seem to see many more than just 4 pins! I have pretty poor eyesight though ;-(
Anyway, I would appreciate any info on the type of jack, the pin layout, and possibly where to find the matching plug without the cable. (I need to connect some synchronizing electronics to the Video pins of this jack)

Being a newbie on this board I hope I've posted in the right forum. If not please set me straight (gently)

Thanks,
turay

11-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know if he has what you need or how technical you want to get (beyond the operator manuals) but try here..

Welcome to Pentax Hack