Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tutuciprian Quote
I found the answer: I made a couple of shots without the card inserted in the camera. They are not stored as pictures, but the counter registered every shot.
1230 sounds a little high compared to others I've seen (both personally and here on PF) but I guess it's not impossible. If the camera came with a New warranty, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Is it possible your courier used the camera before bringing it? It would actually make sense to do so just to make sure it works in your situation.

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
A fair number of test actuations takes place at the factory; I don't think they reset the counter.
They did reset it on the K5 and I assume, the K-r but that's a new final step for them.

12-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #32
Pentaxian

I just got one last week, I snapped a picture of my wife and my dog, inside in artificial light. The picture looked good to me, but my wife didn't like it, she liked the one of the dog though. So my advice, take a picture of a dog.
12-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #33
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Give Ira break guys... In a pinch he has what you need to know stored in his head... He's just straight talking is all... I've found a great deal of his comments on PF to be a massive help...
Thank you. I always get in trouble on websites for telling it like it is.

I also build ventriloquist figures, hence my avatar here, and someone once asked on my figure building site, "How do you build a ventriloquist figure?" (We don't call them dummies.) And I responded similarly.

You have a website with thousands of pages of information, a question that can't possibly be answered in a single thread, and there's something wrong with pointing out the absurdity of this? Which is actually the only way to answer the question?

Last edited by Ira; 12-28-2010 at 01:44 PM.
12-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #34
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
...................."How do you build a ventriloquist figure?" ..........
Ooh, ooh, I know! Start with a block of wood, and carve away anything that doesn't look like it's part of the figure; right?

12-28-2010, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, it's been 10 days since you posted, so hopefully you have your K-X now. I got mine this summer and love it. One of the things I did when I got it was just to practice stuff. I wanted to see what to do to stop motion in a shot, so I opened the manual to that and took shots of the ceiling fan on the back porch and of the sprinkler in my flower bed. Just messing around like that with different things and I learned a lot about how the camera works in general. I store those shots in a folder called "test shots". That way, they are easy to check when I want to compare EXIF data on different shots.
This is a great place for advice. I learn a lot just reading the forums. Hope you enjoy your K-X as much as I am enjoying mine.
12-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by subeeds Quote
Well, it's been 10 days since you posted, so hopefully you have your K-X now. I got mine this summer and love it. One of the things I did when I got it was just to practice stuff. I wanted to see what to do to stop motion in a shot, so I opened the manual to that and took shots of the ceiling fan on the back porch and of the sprinkler in my flower bed. Just messing around like that with different things and I learned a lot about how the camera works in general. I store those shots in a folder called "test shots". That way, they are easy to check when I want to compare EXIF data on different shots.
This is a great place for advice. I learn a lot just reading the forums. Hope you enjoy your K-X as much as I am enjoying mine.
This is very good advise... Practice... Use what is around you... Employ a system that enables you to review what you've learned... and RTFM!!
12-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #37
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hahaha, I thought this thread was longggg dead, but I guess that post bumped it back up. Yup, I got mine on Christmas Eve, and So far, I've taken over 1000 shots with it, just ones for the heck of it, and some for actual occasions. I'm really loving it, subeeds! Plus it's blue. That "test shots" idea is very interesting, since I when I try to remember numbers, I always get them mixed up. I once baked a Carrot Cake from memory, and I added one cup of sugar instead of two. I bet you can imagine how that turned out...

I wish the Pentax had custom modes. Or did I somehow skip them while exploring every menu in the camera?

12-28-2010, 11:23 PM   #38
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Ooh, ooh, I know! Start with a block of wood, and carve away anything that doesn't look like it's part of the figure; right?
I hope that was completely light-hearted.
Or else I'd run away from Ira.
12-28-2010, 11:27 PM   #39
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Give Ira break guys... In a pinch he has what you need to know stored in his head... He's just straight talking is all... I've found a great deal of his comments on PF to be a massive help...
I understand. He's like my parents. He tells it straight up. However, Ira could present his suggestions and complaints (complaining is perfectly fine) in a nicer way.
12-29-2010, 02:15 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noaslplease Quote
I understand. He's like my parents. He tells it straight up. However, Ira could present his suggestions and complaints (complaining is perfectly fine) in a nicer way.
Yeah, he could....if he wasn't Ira.....some people unlearn this during life.....