Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I believe he is referring to a small pin on later SMC tak's which was part of the modification to provide open aperture metering on the ES II and spotmatic F bodies
I also thought that might be his intent, except that the small pin is completely covered by and depressed by the adapter and is also completely inside the K-mount opening.

Steve

11-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #17
Pentaxian

If you mount the adapter on the camera, the pin can bump into the af screw drive as you turn and screw the lens. Only if the pin is not limp and inside the lens and af is selected on camera. At least on my flektogon with K-01
11-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
If you mount the adapter on the camera, the pin can bump into the af screw drive as you turn and screw the lens. Only if the pin is not limp and inside the lens and af is selected on camera. At least on my flektogon with K-01
PM me a photo of your Flektogon mount with the adapter fitted. I suspect we have a confusion of terms here. I am only aware of two cases of couplers on the M42 mount face. On is the small pin on SMC Takumars (depressed by the adapter) and the other is the protruding pin on Mamiya/Sekor SX lenses that makes mounting impossible. It may be that CZJ might have some creative variations of the M42 standard I am unfamiliar with. The only issues I have had with M42 and the AF drive is for those lenses where the mount face has wells for mounting screws in the path of the drive pawl. Depending on thread entry point the hole can "descend" onto the pawl resulting in a potential jam. This is another good reason to mount adapter to lens before attaching both to the camera. On second thought I would suggest always depressing the lens release button when mounting/removing M42 lenses. Doing so retracts the AF drive so that all is out of harms way.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-15-2014 at 01:27 PM.
11-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Might be a new record for old thread revivals........... 12-23-2010 --> 11-15-2014

11-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
On the type (3) lenses I bought a couple years ago, I superglued the auto-pins, but I find I can't un-glue them. I now avoid buying such lenses, just as I avoid lenses with apertures stuck wide open.
I know this is very late but you might try brushing on acetone or nail polish remover in the hope it can track in and dissolve the superglue.
11-15-2014, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I know this is very late but you might try brushing on acetone or nail polish remover in the hope it can track in and dissolve the superglue.
Extremely late as RioRico said goodbye to the forums in September of last year.