Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
A quick search of completed listings shows only one that sold for cheaper than that, with scratches and dents. And others that sold for $99.95. It's not worth $99.95. I'
d put the K1000, 50mm f2, case and zoom back on Craigslist for $50 and pick up the Pentax-M 50mm f1.7 for $50.

One advantage of this lens is the minimum focus distance, about a foot shorter than the typical manual 135mm. That helps when using this lens indoors.
hey, is the k1000 a film camera? who still buy it? hehe.

yep, the pentax M 50mm is really good, might as well pick up the 1.4 version, it's only 50 bucks more I think (I saw one on keh for like 70).

12-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clockwork247 Quote
seriously, it's a freaking 135 f/2.5, you trying getting it in some auto version and see how much that cost (I've been through all the different brand, let just say it's not cheap ).

On a 1.5 crop factor it's not exactly useful (way out of range for most indoor stuff, a little long in the house and a little short in an auditorium) but it's still a very fast lens at that range.
Heehee. Utility, I suppose, depends on the user. I was never big on the 135 in full frame, (nice for some concert situations, but otherwise, eh, not so much.) On crop, it does work out to a field of view I like, and these little things can go places I probably would almost never have been toting a 200 around, so I actually like em. Not exactly a constant companion, but I'll bring it along fairly frequently when I feel like playing a bit. I generally stick to a couple of favorites, otherwise, and that's where I want my best-quality glass, so a little bit of quirkiness outside those is something I like. Most of the time.
12-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Heehee. Utility, I suppose, depends on the user. I was never big on the 135 in full frame, (nice for some concert situations, but otherwise, eh, not so much.) On crop, it does work out to a field of view I like, and these little things can go places I probably would almost never have been toting a 200 around, so I actually like em. Not exactly a constant companion, but I'll bring it along fairly frequently when I feel like playing a bit. I generally stick to a couple of favorites, otherwise, and that's where I want my best-quality glass, so a little bit of quirkiness outside those is something I like. Most of the time.
I just checked the 135mm again, it's alot smaller than I thought it'd be , I have a 70-210 (minolta) that's about 2X the size... I actually think it's a pretty nifty lens now that I saw the size .