Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
OK, a few are dupes or otherwise slated to be sold, but more will undoubtedly take their places.
After my next unemployment check on Wednesday, I'm switching that direct deposit to go into MY account and not my wife's. So if you or anyone else has a Super Multi Coated Tak 50 1.4 at whatever price in great condition, I'm all ears.

I can't stand my life like this any more. I want to work...I see things I want and NEED...but every f***ing cheap cable or whatever accessory I want to buy, she gives me a hard time about it.

For God's sake:

I now have an unpaid item strike against me on eBay, for 9 BUCKS (but 16 shipping), because I was afraid to ask her about it.

12-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Is a superzoom like monogamy?
... or like a hooker (a superzoom is versatile, convenient, but ultimately lacking) ? ;-)
12-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
I now have an unpaid item strike against me on eBay, for 9 BUCKS (but 16 shipping), because I was afraid to ask her about it.
I've mentioned before: Having no discretionary income, I must sell stuff before I can buy stuff. Before I started selling stuff, all my eBay purchases showed up on our credit card statement, too-easily scrutinized and challenged and agonized over. Now, payment for what I sell goes into my PayPal account. That's what's available for what I want. No scrutiny, no challenges, no agony, no strikes.

If I want more macro tubes or xray lenses or banjo strings or a complete collection of TOP TEN comics or a blow-up sex toy, er I mean a portable mannikin, hey, no hay problemo. When the PayPal account starts looking thin, it's time to sell some more stuff. Thus is my obsession self-powered. Oops, it's heading for the red zone. Time to sell some surplus M42s: Enna Lithagon 35/2.8, SuperTak 135/3.5, Sunset 135/2.8, Sigma-XQ 39-90/3.5; and some Brownies and a Teac portastudio. This is still a lousy time to sell the M50/2 and SuperTak 55/2 and various Minolta stuff, so I'm stuck with all that for awhile. I wonder if anyone wants my stamp collection?
12-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #19
Veteran Member

After my next unemployment check on Wednesday, I'm switching that direct deposit to go into MY account and not my wife's. So if you or anyone else has a Super Multi Coated Tak 50 1.4 at whatever price in great condition, I'm all ears.

I can't stand my life like this any more. I want to work...I see things I want and NEED...but every f***ing cheap cable or whatever accessory I want to buy, she gives me a hard time about it.

For God's sake:

That bad? :-I

12-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #20
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
That bad? :-I
Things are really, really bad. Especially if you read my "Wife Has Menopause" thread in General.

All of a sudden, since I lost my job, I'm a piece of garbage who only deserves 20 bucks here and there, at her discretion. Mind you, in 21 years of marriage, I've been out of work maybe 12 months.

To make matters worse, she was busting my b*lls about the XMas present I bought myself--an old Sunpak 555 for $75, and about $20 via KEH for cable and module. And the effin' thing doesn't even fire via the module. (Waiting to hear from SOldBear here for advice on troubleshooting.)

I didn't buy a Metz to economize, she bought herself a netbook, and I want to wring her freaking neck.
12-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Things are really, really bad. Especially if you read my "Wife Has Menopause" thread in General.
Sorry, it's too late to introduce you to Miriam, Kelly, Maria, and Jeanne.
12-27-2010, 04:09 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Uh-oh :-| [mental note to self: check whether neutering is covered, if not add an anvil and a mallet to the shopping list]
12-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #23
Veteran Member

All of a sudden, since I lost my job, I'm a piece of garbage who only deserves 20 bucks here and there, at her discretion. Mind you, in 21 years of marriage, I've been out of work maybe 12 months.

To make matters worse, she was busting my b*lls about the XMas present I bought myself--an old Sunpak 555 for $75, and about $20 via KEH for cable and module. And the effin' thing doesn't even fire via the module. (Waiting to hear from SOldBear here for advice on troubleshooting.)

I didn't buy a Metz to economize, she bought herself a netbook, and I want to wring her freaking neck.
I feel for you. Been there. Early in 1999 the company I was working for went 'belly up'. It wasn't THAT bad at home until the unemployment ran out. Then it became daily "get a job!" or "you can't stay home all day" or "what's wrong with you?" etc. Didn't matter that I was sending resumes daily. Zero support. I passed my 10 years at the job I have now in 2010. I'm going to retire this spring. I could retire now but there are some things I still want to do.

12-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #24
Veteran Member

For God's sake:

my local CL has a Pentax A 50mm f/1.4 for 90, and I'm still not buying ... i have no use for it, but just just to show you can find these things at a pretty decent price . good luck, you'll find some soon.
12-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #25

Original Poster
Yet Another 50mm Question

Thanks to all for answering my question(s). Here's another. After reading what you wrote and thinking it over I think my best bet would be to just keep all three 50mm lenses. As luck would have it I just procured another K1000 body with yes you guessed it a 1:1.7 5omm lens. So the question is is a low serial number (2746938) made in Japan 50mm better in any way then a high serial numbered made in Taiwan 50mm lens. Thanks.