Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #1

ist DL Problem

My ist DL will not switch out of AV mode. Does not matter where I put the selector switch. Does not matter if I have it to auto mode. still stays in AV mode. Any suggestions besides sending it in for repair. I have about 10,000 shots on it.

Thanks
SamIV

12-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SamIV Quote
My ist DL will not switch out of AV mode. Does not matter where I put the selector switch. Does not matter if I have it to auto mode. still stays in AV mode. Any suggestions besides sending it in for repair. I have about 10,000 shots on it.

Thanks
SamIV
Ask a moderator to move this to the DSLR section. This isn't the place for it. You'll get better answers there anyway (but sending it in or replacing it is probably the solution).

12-29-2010, 02:13 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved to the technical troubleshooting section.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Hi Sam,

The first thing to try is to reset all your camera settings via the Reset menu choice.

The next is to swap out the batteries. Low charge can do some strange things.

The third thing I'd try is to leave the batteries out for a day, then try it again.

If none of these work, I'd call Pentax support and see if this is a problem that they have dealt with in the past with this model. The last resort is sending it in for an estimate of repair.

-- There is one other alternative-- shoot in Av priority. My cameras spend 99% of their time in this mode, and there are all kinds of ways to get the settings that you want for just about any situation.

Scott

01-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
DL Parts list

The selector switch may be bad. If you want to try to fix it yourself, here is a parts diagram.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/48910-pentax-ist-d...oded-view.html
01-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gp1806 Quote
The selector switch may be bad. If you want to try to fix it yourself, here is a parts diagram.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/48910-pentax-ist-d...oded-view.html
This may be a useless reply but are you sure you have a ka lens on the camera. I know that if I place a k kmount lens that is not a ka mount the body will only go av mode other than m mode. But if all your lenses are doing the same thing then it is not this unless your contacts are messed up. Just a thought you could take a look at.