Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #1

Please advise on a good K-7 bag!

Hi, I need a good looking, tough yet discrete bag for my K-7. Best would be if it doesn't look like a camera bag! Can anyone advise? Thanks! I'm in the UK by the way.

12-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If you don't want it to look like a camera bag... Don't buy a camera bag... get a hold-all and a load of foam and DIY it...
If you can't be bothered with that... I quite like my crumpler bags... They're a bit 'man-bag-ish' but they do a good job of protecting my gear and are practically 'bombproof'...
If you walking about in the city... most people won't even notice you have a camera bag on you... Those that do will be the ones who try to steal it... These people work on the assumption that you will be scared and hand it over... to counter this you must throw a big punch at them and continue throwing punches until they run away...
Hope this helps... Happy new year:-)
12-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have one similar to this one (not sure my model is made anymore)
LOWEPRO MICRO TREKKER 200 BLACK #056035011214 - Henry's best camera store in Canada
It can hold all of my lenses (4-5) my K10, my wifes K100, our camcorder, chargers, extra batteries and if you leave out the camcorder you can put in an extra flash. (not sure if you can fit in both )
comfortable to wear (depending on weight in it of course)
I took mine to central america and it was invaluable as far as the ability to keep everything together on our shore expeditions etc.

good luck

randy
12-30-2010, 01:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I got one yesterday in Comet - it even had a Pentax tag on! It looks like a slightly bulky messenger bag, and takes my K7 with the 55-300 with room for the 18-55 and more, and also has room for the manual and all the bits & pieces. The main compartment has a couple of moveable dividers. The shoulder strap is broad and has a reinforcement to spread the load.

I am sure you can get the same thing cheaper on-line, but I really wanted to see and feel the bag and see how the camera went in before buying, and also if one has to pay P&P that will reduce the savings.

The man at the checkout desk commented how heavy it was - that was because the K7 etc. was already in residence.

One potential issue for me is that the top folds over, no zip, so if you upset the bag and have small loose items inside (lens caps for example) I suspect they could drop out.

It was half the price of most other suitable (e.g. big enough) bags. Think the model is 50250, the label has gone already!

(edit) Found the tag, it is a 50250.

Last edited by cats_five; 12-30-2010 at 01:43 AM.
12-30-2010, 04:08 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cats_five Quote
it even had a Pentax tag on!
I got a pentax branded bag originally with my K-x... It lasted 3 weeks and started falling apart... I went back to the shop... They offered to replace... I declined and managed to get 50% off my first crumpler...
I've since bought a 2nd larger crumpler bag... I've found the construction to be incredibly solid...
They are deffo smaller than described online... so check them out first if you go that way... and give yourself room for extra gear you may pick up in the near future...
12-30-2010, 04:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cats_five Quote
(edit) Found the tag, it is a 50250.
Just looked it up...
This is the bag I had originally... Hope yours lasts longer than mine did
12-30-2010, 07:29 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Crumpler is the way to go, I've got a warm shower back pack, fits K200d with 18-55mm lens attached, 50mm lens, tele converter, and nikon fm2 with 50mm lens attached in the bottom.
Top part holds charger, filters, batteries ipod, phone etc and zip round back hold 15" laptop.
All this and it looks like a regular backpack. They are costly but look good, and waterproof.
12-30-2010, 07:35 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Crumpler is the way to go I have the warm shower back pack, it holds my k200d with kit lens attached, 50mm lens tele converter and nikon fm2 film camera with 50mm lens attached in the bottom part, top part has plenty room for filters, flash, chargers, memory cards, phone etc and the back has a compartment for a 15" laptop. also a secret pock on the front. They`are waterproof, very comfy and padded and look good too.

12-31-2010, 08:34 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks, I asked my camera shopto order some in for me to have a look!
01-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Just looked it up...
This is the bag I had originally... Hope yours lasts longer than mine did
Bah humbug. Hope mine either lasts or falls apart in a couple of weeks - using it is great, and there is room for my hat and gloves in it as well.
01-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #11

Photos: Albums
You might want to check out Think Tank if you want something discreet and professional looking, especially the shoulder bags. They are really well made and have lifetime warranties.

Crumpler bags are nice too if you want a messenger bag look.
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lowspark86 Quote
Crumpler bags are nice too if you want a messenger bag look.
I've got the Crumpler 'Company Gigolo 3500' (eg eBay item 350426537631).

It is just big enough for the K-7 with a lens mounted and still has room for another lens plus a pocket for bits. It is really well made, does not look like a camera bag, is well padded and light. I've looked at others, including the bigger Crumplers but I'm glad that I got this one.