Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Aggreed!
To be honest... I try and avoid conversation with girls under 23... Its just not worth it!!
Why sir, this discrimination against young ones?

12-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #32

Go Ira!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
When I was young and single (decades ago), I would walk up to girls on the street and say, "You have great t*ts! Can I take pictures of them?"

It didn't work 99 times out of a 100, but all you need is one.
Know the feeling. I've had the black eyes to prove it!

Ever have a conversation with an 18-year-old who wants to be a model?
Priceless. +1.

Cracked me up well and good Ira.

Cheers.

Rod Worth.
12-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #33
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Student Quote
Because they're boring. They have no life experiences yet to form their personalities.

Any young girl that wants to be a model is by definition an idiot. Who the hell aspires to be photographed just because of her beauty? And brings no other skills to the table besides that beauty?

It's a ridiculous concept, and although young "models" can be given a pass because of their youth, it doesn't make them any less vain or stupid to think they're going to have a career in modeling.

For God's sake--you're looking for girls like these to photograph without pay, so how bright can they be?
12-31-2010, 04:09 AM   #34

Original Poster
Because they're boring. They have no life experiences yet to form their personalities.

Any young girl that wants to be a model is by definition an idiot. Who the hell aspires to be photographed just because of her beauty? And brings no other skills to the table besides that beauty?

It's a ridiculous concept, and although young "models" can be given a pass because of their youth, it doesn't make them any less vain or stupid to think they're going to have a career in modeling.

For God's sake--you're looking for girls like these to photograph without pay, so how bright can they be?
I am slightly offended. My mother is an actress and my grandmother was a famous model in the afterwar. My mother doesn't make a very good living but my grandmother is filthy rich now and a tightwad.

12-31-2010, 09:24 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Student Quote
I'm not that old myself mate... 31... But I do find (especially with girls) that a lack of life experience in those under 23 years of age shows in conversation and the nature of questions asked...
12-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Why 23? What magic happens when one turns 24?
12-31-2010, 09:33 AM   #37

Original Poster
Proof that age does not matter; I am 19, I have a BA in Political Sciences, have travelled as far as Egypt, China, USA, Argentina etc... and taken many pictures on the way. I met many interesting people including statesmen, actors or royalty and as far as my own family is concerned I spend my daily life among the likes of painters, actors, models but sadly no photographers!

I don't think age is relevant. It depends on the person. You can be 70 but never have done anything interesting in your life. You never know!
12-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #38
Veteran Member

I think you'll aggree that this does not count as life experience

Why 23? What magic happens when one turns 24?

Just some thing I've noticed in general... I'm currently studying BA Hons in English... Most of the other students on my course are straight (or Gap-Yah) out of school... Some are amazing and mature... but many tbh really are just kids and getting sensible conversation out of them is often hard work... its these same students that struggle with conceptual ideas (relating to texts) because of their sheltered upbringing (however well-travelled they may well be!!) and lack of life (real-life) experience.

You also said "I don't think age is relevant. It depends on the person. You can be 70 but never have done anything interesting in your life. You never know!"

Life experience is not about doing interesting things and travelling the the world... Its about having lived, struggled, fought, been beaten and still kept living... Its about knowing how to pay bills, tax deductions... Guessing from all the hints what your wife 'really wants for christmas'... Knowing when its right to speak out and when to be silent... When someone needs a hug or just to be left alone... Its about actually being in touch with the world around you.

Last edited by DaveHolmes; 12-31-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: rellivant
12-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #39
Veteran Member

We're massivly off totic though... Your last flyer will be fine...
12-31-2010, 11:23 AM   #40
Ira
Inactive Account

I'm just saying that as a general rule, 18 year olds who want to be models are not the most fascinating people.

And of course young people can be brilliant, fascinating and interesting.

Hell-- it's young people who try to change the world for the better. Not old farts like me.
12-31-2010, 11:58 AM   #41

Original Poster
I'm just saying that as a general rule, 18 year olds who want to be models are not the most fascinating people.

And of course young people can be brilliant, fascinating and interesting.

Hell-- it's young people who try to change the world for the better. Not old farts like me.
Ah, sorry! I missunderstood you! I thought you had something against youngsters!
12-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #42
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFjWR7X5dU

I think you'll aggree that this does not count as life experience

WTF was that? There's 3 minutes and 18 seconds I'll never get back.

12-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #43
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Correct spelling and grammer matter a lot
Yess thay dooo