Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Please tell me if this would make a good flyer to find models at Uni

Okay, so since I want to get into portrait I want to find other people than my sisters! I made a flyer for Uni, does this seem good? Bad? Should I add something? Remove something? Please tell me!

PosterBlackedoutpersonalinfo | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

12-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Straight and to the point. Hang some and see what comes of it. The only thing I would add if it isn't what you are looking for, is no nudity required or expected. You might also want to state that (unless you intend to provide) they need to do their own hair and makeup. That can be discussed when you get prospects though but it may weed out a few that don't fit your criteria.

12-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

where is this going to be shown? posted? handed out?
If it is the latter then you might want to put a sample pic or something in that order,maybe a bit of color is you can afford it. just to look a bit more professional (just a suggestion of course)
If you need some help let me know

randy
12-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Straight and to the point. Hang some and see what comes of it. The only thing I would add if it isn't what you are looking for, is no nudity required or expected. You might also want to state that (unless you intend to provide) they need to do their own hair and makeup. That can be discussed when you get prospects though but it may weed out a few that don't fit your criteria.

I thought that since the description says "No visible tatoos" it implied the shoots would be clothed?

12-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Student Quote
I thought that since the description says "No visible tatoos" it implied the shoots would be clothed?
what about when they have no tatoos?

randy
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
where is this going to be shown? posted? handed out?
If it is the latter then you might want to put a sample pic or something in that order,maybe a bit of color is you can afford it. just to look a bit more professional (just a suggestion of course)
If you need some help let me know

randy
Hi Randy, thanks for your post, I am going to have this put in all bus stations on campus and the admin building's flyer board. People can rip a little piece of paper of it which has my e-mail on it. I wanted to put my phone number but I felt this was too risky, haha
12-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
what about when they have no tatoos?

randy
Haha, well I don't want models with tatoos, piercings, beauty surgery and all that, I like to photography natural things.

12-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
1. Correct the spelling of "available."
2. Criteria is plural; "criterias" is not a word. Correct spelling and grammer matter a lot and communicate professionalism. Your first sentence needs fixing.
3. Remove the TFP acronym from the second header as not every person knows what that means. Write out the meaning, or use plain English.
4. Ensure that the message "nudity is not required" is very obvious. Many adult sites place similar ads in college communities.
5. State that you can provide references, and line these up prior.
6. You may want to provide a phone number also. You want to make this as comfortable as possible for your potential models. There are a lot of creeps out there.
7. Using center-justified text type makes things harder to read; use traditional left-sided justification.
8. I do like how you note that being beautiful is not a requirement.

M
12-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
1. Correct the spelling of "available."
2. Criteria is plural; "criterias" is not a word. Correct spelling and grammer matter a lot and communicate professionalism. Your first sentence needs fixing.
3. Remove the TFP acronym from the second header as not every person knows what that means. Write out the meaning, or use plain English.
4. Ensure that the message "nudity is not required" is very obvious. Many adult sites place similar ads in college communities.
5. State that you can provide references, and line these up prior.
6. You may want to provide a phone number also. You want to make this as comfortable as possible for your potential models. There are a lot of creeps out there.
7. Using center-justified text type makes things harder to read; use traditional left-sided justification.
8. I do like how you note that being beautiful is not a requirement.

M

I like the way you think. I was ready to pop a vein over the "available" spelling.

But may I add something?

I think the OP is being way too specific as to requirements. In addition, the flier is sorely lacking any graphical style whatsover, which for someone looking for models, just doesn't jive.
12-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Okay, is this better?

PosterEdited | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
12-29-2010, 06:33 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
I like the way you think.
Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
I think the OP is being way too specific as to requirements.
Now that you brought that forward, yes, I agree with you Ira. The OP should be able to work with anyone 'tats or not at this stage of his/her photographic development. I think you're allowed to be picky after your first magazine spread or four-figure paycheck.

M
12-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Thanks.

Now that you brought that forward, yes, I agree with you Ira. The OP should be able to work with anyone 'tats or not at this stage of his/her photographic development. I think you're allowed to be picky after your first magazine spread or four-figure paycheck.

M
Yeah I removed that in the new version.
12-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
We have three versions in total now, here's another one:

PosterAlternative2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
12-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Hey Student... As well as around your uni (and student union) might be worth taking a few round local hairdressers... maybe even a community college that runs 'Beauty Therapy' type courses...

Does your Uni offer any fashion design or textile design courses? The students on these courses may also need photos of their own work and may have a supply of models of their own you can make contact with...

Also... Apart from the obvious:-p... Why you not interested in shooting dudes? You're missing part of your own portfolio by excluding male models...
12-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Hey Student... As well as around your uni (and student union) might be worth taking a few round local hairdressers... maybe even a community college that runs 'Beauty Therapy' type courses...

Does your Uni offer any fashion design or textile design courses? The students on these courses may also need photos of their own work and may have a supply of models of their own you can make contact with...

Also... Apart from the obvious:-p... Why you not interested in shooting dudes? You're missing part of your own portfolio by excluding male models...
I have lots of guys that I can shoot among friends and like no girls, well there's my sister but...!