Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wordslinger Quote
Yes you CAN turn off the viewfinder by using the 'INFO' button. I just tried it, and it works.
I just tried it. Up until now I've been trying to turn it off while half-pressing shutter, so all it does is cycle through the LCD menus. INFO does turn off the viewfinder reading but not when the shutter is half-pressed.

01-13-2011, 04:01 AM   #17

@fhphotographer: Just the data line.

@Andi Lo: You're right, I just tried it. You can turn off the data line, but as soon as you press the shutter button it turns back on anyway lol.
01-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote
Interesting issue. I sent my K-x back because the VF data line was so dim it couldn't be read in sunlight. I assumed it was a design flaw, but now I'm no wondering if it was on the way to failing? If so, I wish now I had gotten a replacement instead of a refund because the K-x is, as dpreview said, "...a little cracker." I wasn't overwhelmed by the 18-55 AL, however, so I'm thinking of getting another K-x plus the DA-40 for a top notch economical street machine,
Brian
Although the K-x and DA 40mm would be a total killer kit, I also suggest you look into the 16-45mm option. This lens is very well regarded, and is cheaper than the DA 40. At constant f4, it's fast enough for most situation and offer you a very good wide angle solution as well. It's not that much bigger than the kit lens also. Just saying!