Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #1

Pentax-A 28 mm f2.8 contact missing

I recently removed my Pentax-A 28 mm f2.8 from my K100D and the little retractable 'A' contact and its spring popped out. I found the contact but the spring is gone forever. The lens still works fine, but not in 'A' mode. The viewfinder displays F-- for the aperture. What are the repair options? I removed the 5 screws holding the mount to the lens body and it appears as though I could just replace the spring (if I had one). Anyone have experience with this? Any sources for replacement springs or do I have to find and cannibalize another lens? Thanks for any suggestions!

01-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the pin just 'popped out' then there is a grommet missing or broken as well. It's a little white washer looking thing on the inside of the lens mount. As for a replacement spring, don't know for sure but you can try this place..

SmallParts.com: The Hardware Store for Researchers and Developers

You might also try these people.

Micro-Tools, Camera & Watch Repair Tools - Home

01-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Look on ebay for a broken lens to get parts. It would not have to be the exact same lens. Some old zooms sell for cheap. Look for an 'A' zoom.
01-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the info/suggestions

Thanks for the info/suggestions. I'll see if I can find a broken lens locally for donor parts. If I can't find anything I'll try ebay or perhaps the spring vendors you mention.

01-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

and if worse comes to worse you are now the proud owner of an m series 28 f2.8 (not a bbad thing at all, though a little more tedious to use)
01-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This post has some photos of what the contact looks like on the A50/1.7, with some information on putting it back together. It also has the Pentax part number, for the part, not necessarily the spring. I don't see how this contact would ever fall out by itself. I don't know if the A28/2.8 has a different contact or your lens was modified - possibly someone just used a ball bearing and spring instead of the proper part?

The SmallParts.com site is cool. I found a lot of stuff to order from them!