Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2011, 05:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Need K10D CD (or copy)

Hi,

I have posted this on the marketplace forum, but no reply. I am trying to get tethering working on my K10D, but I need the original CD (or a copy) to get the Pentax software working.

I have contacted Pentax support - they were unhelpful. If anyone could see their way to sending me one, or posting a CD image for me to download - that would be great. Thanks.

Jez

01-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hi,
I might have misunderstood, but I think you can find all SW for the K10D on the pentax support site

Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

Just selected camera model, and you have the Remote Assistant used for tethering (at least it worked for me)

Best regards,
Haakan
08-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
yes that works on Mac's but to be able to install it on PC you need to insert the original CD into the computer.
08-23-2012, 02:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
yes that works on Mac's but to be able to install it on PC you need to insert the original CD into the computer.
Insert a flash card in your card reader,
open windows explorer,
select the flash card,
rename it to "S-SW55",
drop the files on it.

That should work.

08-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Download the lastest upgrade version from the Pentax website. Then follow the instructions on this thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photography-articles/36984-how-install-pp...stalled-2.html

There really isn't anything needed on the CD as I recall. Maybe working with RAW files if you don't have a program that handles PEF or DNG. PK_Tether does everything Pentax Remote Assistant 3 does however it requires Microsoft .net to be installed. I think you can download Remote Assistant and install it via the method above.