Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #1

'Grain' in K-7 viewfinder?

I recently purchased a k-7 (first DSLR) and noticed some weird graininess when looking through the viewfinder. It doesn't show up at all in the images and I can still see it w/o the lens attached so I'm guessing it has something to do with the mirror or prism...? maybe?

For all I know this is perfectly normal and maybe it's 'supposed' to be there but if it's not, I'd like to get rid of it, if possible.

01-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's the normal focusing ground glass.
01-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mwpdx Quote
I recently purchased a k-7 (first DSLR) and noticed some weird graininess when looking through the viewfinder. It doesn't show up at all in the images and I can still see it w/o the lens attached so I'm guessing it has something to do with the mirror or prism...? maybe?

For all I know this is perfectly normal and maybe it's 'supposed' to be there but if it's not, I'd like to get rid of it, if possible.
You will Never see anything from the viewfinder show up on your photos (other than the light that comes through the lens).