Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x Self Timer- how do I shut it off

I am learning how to use my new K-x. I have it in the `Self Timer` mode. I can change it from 2 sec to 12 sec but don`t know how to cancel or get out of that mode.

01-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #2

When in shooting mode hit the "up" arrow to get into the drive mode setup and use the sideways arrows to move to another mode and hit ok once that mode is highlighted.

I gotta say it, the manual is your friend
01-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Daniel, The manual explains clearly how to get into that mode but says nothing, (that I could find) on getting out. However, it does make sense now.
I gotta say, my manual is 2 weeks old already, and dog-eared so bad from use that it looks ancient. I have been living with it. Maybe I should put it all away for a break.
01-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #4

LOL
I love that manual but spend a lot of time going from one page to another.
Seems some of the information is a bit scattered about. Or maybe that's just a "me" thing.

So I bet you are liking your K-x? They are awesome cameras, especially coming from a point and shoot world like I was.

01-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #5

Original Poster
Yeah, I am finding the manual a little difficult to navigate through. When I took it out of the box I thought it must be in several languages. I have downloaded the manual in PDF, so I can have 2 pages open at a time to read. I'm really hooked on this camera, but haven't even scratched its' potential.
I'm cramming because I'm travelling in a couple of weeks and don't want to be hanging out of a manual during a good photo op.
I had my first SLR, K100 mid 70s and after learning some basics graduated to the Super Program mid 80s. That's when I got a little lazy with the 'auto' mode. A simple digital point and shoot about 7 years ago and the SLR gathered dust. I really want to get back into creative stuff with all of the potential available with this gear.
However, I think my wife might leave me because of this intense relationship.
01-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Most Manual's are Junk... It's sometime's easier to ask someone that can help with your problem.
I hate to be the bearer of bad new's but the Forum was created to Help People not complain about your gear. So how about answering questions for people and quit telling them to read the manual.
If you don't want to help someone then don't answer the question, no need to embarass them with "Go read the Manual".
01-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #7

The ignore feature does work.
01-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by luckyjock55 Quote
Thanks Daniel, The manual explains clearly how to get into that mode but says nothing, (that I could find) on getting out. However, it does make sense now.
I gotta say, my manual is 2 weeks old already, and dog-eared so bad from use that it looks ancient. I have been living with it. Maybe I should put it all away for a break.
For what it's worth and may have been mentioned already... Typically when a manual tells you how to get Into something, all you need to do is either repeat the procedure and choose something different or reverse the procedure (when possible).

01-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #9

Original Poster
Hmmmm.. That was my first, and only, question to the forum. I'm not offended by any direction, suggestions, or criticism. I take it in good faith that it's offered with good intentions.
I was hung up with that simple problem, and a little overwhelmed after a frustrating search through the manual. (I'm a very senior citizen and confuse easily, and that manual is not easy to navigate for a 1st time DSLR user, I am an avid manual/guide user for all of the equipment, gear and tools I've ever owned). I was hoping for a quick fix so that I could get on with my new camera familiarization. And I got it, Thanks very much, everyone, for your attention to this situation.