Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #1

One of my lenses doesn't focus well

I have two bodies (K20 & K100DS).

I shoot sports with the K20 so I keep a Tamron 200 on it all the time. It shoots sharp images.

My K100 is my daily all around camera. I alternate between a few lenses. It always shoots sharp images.

I have a Sigma 20-40 f/2.8 that I use when I need a fast wide lens. It is a good lens and has always shot well on the K100.

The last couple of times I have used it on the K20 the images just aren't sharp.

The lens moves, so the AF is working. It seems to try and focus.

This is the only combination that seems to produce OOF images.

As my K100 gets older it will probably get retired and the K20 will move down and make room for a new body. So having all my lenses work well is important.

Is there something obvious that I am missing?

I have not tried to adjust the focus on the K20. Does it link to just one lens or affect all lenses?

01-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's possible that the camera needs an adjustment. Without seeing the photos in question, that's about the only thing I'm going to come up with.. You can do it for up to 20 different lenses. As long as you are adjusting a Single lens (both sliders show) and not apply all it will only be applied to that lens. IF the camera (this is an assumption) the camera thinks another lens is the Same lens, it will apply the settings to that lens too.