Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #1

What kind of lens works with a ZX-60?

My girlfriend has a ZX-60 with a broken lens and she would like to get back into photography. I would like to help her out by getting her a replacement lens for her birthday; unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about cameras or lenses or anything like that.

My question is: What is a good, but reasonably priced option that will work with the ZX-60?

Sorry if it's a dumb question but I don't want to order the wrong type of lens!

01-16-2011, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Any Pentax lens from the F, FA, FA J, or D FA series would work just fine. To get an idea of what kind of lenses are on the market and what you can expect to pay for them go to KEH.com and select Pentax Autofocus from the popup menu. There are then 4 categories to chose from, Fixed Focal length, Non-mfg Fixed Focal Length, Non-mfg Zoom, and Zoom.

Then take a look through the lens review database here. You will see why some lenses are very cheap while others are expensive.

Pentax Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you much, that's basically what I needed to know. Her old lens was a 28-90 and I suppose something like that is a good multipurpose zoom lens? I'm looking to get her something that fits a variety of amateur uses.
01-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dippy Quote
Thank you much, that's basically what I needed to know. Her old lens was a 28-90 and I suppose something like that is a good multipurpose zoom lens? I'm looking to get her something that fits a variety of amateur uses.
What is "broken" on the old lens?
You might suggest to us what your price range for a new lens and that would assist us in giving you a boatload of suggestions for such a lens. If the only lens she was using was the FA-28-90 then there are many lenses which may be considered an improvement. Even under... No I think I better stop there. I don't think the 28-90 is a bad lens for film or digital and you can get a good condition used one pretty cheap. Perhaps even around this forum.

01-16-2011, 05:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
Nowhere Matt: The tabs on the lens where it connects to the camera had broke off and someone tried to glue it back on... poorly

I ended up buying the same one she had (the FA 28-90) on eBay for $48 shipped, as she really seemed to like that one. Down the road (when I get more money and when she gets tired of this one) I may buy more accessories.

I really had nooo idea there were so many kinds of lenses. Thanks for the help.
01-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nowhere Matt: The tabs on the lens where it connects to the camera had broke off and someone tried to glue it back on... poorly
Please forgive me - but God that is hilarious!

I really had nooo idea there were so many kinds of lenses. Thanks for the help.
I recently had a similar discussion with my sister in law.
"Why don you take a peechur?"
"Well I don't really have the right lens at the moment."
"You mean zere is more zan one type of lens?"
"Oh yes."