Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Inactive Account

2 more questions

Right I have a tamron 70-210 adaptall 2 lens for my nikon fm2, a guy i know has offered to swap the adapter for a pentax one, will it work on my k200?

also he has 3 pentax 160 flash guns i can have, are they any good?

01-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fourfivesix Quote
Right I have a tamron 70-210 adaptall 2 lens for my nikon fm2, a guy i know has offered to swap the adapter for a pentax one, will it work on my k200?

also he has 3 pentax 160 flash guns i can have, are they any good?

As long as its a Pentax K-mount bayonet adapter. Long ago, Pentax also made M42 screwmount lenses. Tamron made Adaptall adapters for that mount, as well. Even then, a cheap M42-k adapter would let you use it, but there isn't really all that much point in that. In either case, the lens would be manual focus and manual exposure.

The 160 flashes (there were several variants) were relatively small, moderate power auto-flashes that were made, I believe, in the seventies. They should work with a K200, but, again only in manual or flash-controlled auto-mode. They will not work in your camera's P-TTL mode. You can find the manuals and specs for the flashes at Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site. Click on the support tab and look for downloading manuals and literature.
01-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
great ive been using a 50mm a lens and really enjoyed it
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the adapter your friend has offered is the PK/A version, grab it. They are expensive and somewhat difficult to find. Grab whatever he's offering anyway if you aren't going to use your Nikon anymore.