Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Inactive Account

pentax x90

i have just bought a pentax x90, and when i take pics the images have got wavy lines on them, has anyone else got this problem or am i doing something wrong?? please help.

01-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Can you post one of the offending images so that we might have some idea what you are talking about? Random guesses aren't very helpful.
05-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
Inactive Account

whitish pictures with srips

Hello,
I purchaced a Pentax optio X90 a year ago. Recently a malfunction appeared in the middle of a time lapse procedure as it was working automatically on a tripod. Since then:
1. When there is enough light in the scene, the taken picture appears extremely whitish. If the scene is fairly dark, the taken picture appears with the proper brightness.
2. Whatever the case, some kind of dense lighter and darker horizontal strips appear in the picture.
3. Setting the speed under sec the colors appear unreal.
The preview image on the LCD before shooting looks quite good as before. After shooting, the recorded picture is disgusting.
06-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iapetos Quote
Hello,
I purchaced a Pentax optio X90 a year ago. Recently a malfunction appeared in the middle of a time lapse procedure as it was working automatically on a tripod. Since then:
1. When there is enough light in the scene, the taken picture appears extremely whitish. If the scene is fairly dark, the taken picture appears with the proper brightness.
2. Whatever the case, some kind of dense lighter and darker horizontal strips appear in the picture.
3. Setting the speed under sec the colors appear unreal.
The preview image on the LCD before shooting looks quite good as before. After shooting, the recorded picture is disgusting.
Is your ISO sensitivity manually set too high (1600 or higher)? This may explain the overexposure in bright light and banding that you appear to be describing.

06-02-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Thank very much for your reply. Unfortunately that’s not the case. Setting ISO to 80 or in AUTO or even resetting the camera to the default settings did not solve the problem.
I think that’s a case of shutter stack. I can’t figure how that interlace is produced. The CCD seams to be OK because when I take pictures in high speed burst shooting (resolution 5M only) or when I take movies (up to 1280X720 pixels), they are recorded perfectly! I guess these modes do not utilize the mechanical shutter but an electronic substitute for grabbing frames rabidly. So I still can’t take single pictures, and the burst shooting or movie is not a solution. That’s a pity.