Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #1
Inactive Account

fungus lens

not sure is a stupid question or not.

if i put the fungus lens into dry box together with another 3 good condition lens, will it affect the normal lens?

Thank you

01-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Banned

those three ‘good condition’ lenses likely all already have fungal spores in them anyway. not from any infected lens you own, just in general. they are everywhere. even inside your lenses. everywhere I tell you. but if you have the ‘infected’ lens inside an environment that isn’t inductive to fungal growth (not sure a dry box is the best place to keep them anyhow, since anything that seals out moisture can also seal it in.) but just as a general rule, then the fungus will stop growing until it, read: your fungal infected lens, is put back into an environment which is good for growth. in which your other lenses also being in the same good growth environment, may also start to exhibit fungal growth. keep them all dry and exposed to light and open air in low humidity and you will be safe. even with a lens that already has growth. but just for measure and piece of mind, probably shouldn’t keep it near the others.
01-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know, but I would not, just to be safe.