Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I thought that with CS3 Extended, perhaps I won't upgrade for a while then.
I highly suggest you upgrade, to CS5 if possible. I went from CS3 to CS4 now CS5 and CS5 has some features that are worth the $. Content-Aware is a great tool. I would try to explain it but that would take a very long time (do a google search) but the gist of it, you can remove people, power lines, and most blemishes/errors from photos and it actually looks like they were never there to begin with. That is my favorite upgrade. Stacking/layering separate images is also a lot easier. But in any case since you already know CS3 the learning curve for CS5 will be much faster, so if you can I would suggest upgrading.

01-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
I highly suggest you upgrade, to CS5 if possible. I went from CS3 to CS4 now CS5 and CS5 has some features that are worth the $. Content-Aware is a great tool. I would try to explain it but that would take a very long time (do a google search) but the gist of it, you can remove people, power lines, and most blemishes/errors from photos and it actually looks like they were never there to begin with. That is my favorite upgrade. Stacking/layering separate images is also a lot easier. But in any case since you already know CS3 the learning curve for CS5 will be much faster, so if you can I would suggest upgrading.
What you say is so true, basically a good way to think of content aware is that for example a power line is running through an area of your photo and you want to remove it, will photoshop is aware of the surrounding area (content) and as it erases the power line it actually builds a background from the surrounding image to create an image to fill in the area that the power line previously filled. Here are some images of before and after (I apologize ahead of time for the fact that this shot was done with a Canon Elph point and shoot camera, although it was my only camera I had before I got into the DSLR world with my K-x, It does however take very good pictures and has been one hell of a workhorse of a camera, in fact it is STILL an important part of my camera gear in my bag) These images are of my first attempts at using content aware, I really enjoy playing around with that aspect of CS5, I know that with a little bit more work I can really polish it up a lot more~
Attachment 81861Attachment 81860
As you can see Photoshop did a pretty good job putting the image together behind where I removed the cage wire.

Last edited by BirdDude007; 03-23-2012 at 05:41 PM.