Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
Inactive Account

[langtitle=pt]Decepcionado com a Pentax K-r[/langtitle]

Bom dia amigos,

Ate pouco tempo atras, era o feliz usuario de uma compacta Nikon Coolpix 8800, que entregava fotos com qualidade incrivel, onde o forte era a nitidez das imagens.

Resolvi entao vender a compacta e dar um passo alem e comprar uma DSLR. Apos pesquisar bastante (inclusive aqui no Pentaxforums), me convenci que seria uma Pentax K-r - 18-55mm, pois sua antecessora a K-x, vencia a maioria dos comparativos com as concorrentes.

Infelizmente na pratica isso nao esta acontecendo, pois estou utilizando a K-r nos modos cena da propria camera e tambem algumas tentativas personalizadas, mas só recebo imagens sem detalhes e com pessima resoluçao. Já tentei com tripe, utilizando o timer e nada. Estou bastante decepcionado com o equipamento.

Tenho conciencia do pouco conhecimento que tenho sobre fotografia, mas penso que nos modos pre configurados, os resultados deveriam ser satisfatorios, pois ja fiz centenas de fotos e nenhuma com resultado razoável, até mesmo compactas das mais simples, produzem melhores resultados

Por favor, se alguem tiver algo a me dizer que possa fazer melhorar o desempenho da camera, ficarei muito grato.

Um abraço a todos.

01-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

SLRs only give their best when you stop using scene modes and start using them like old-fashioned cameras. I use my K7 in Av (Aperture Value) mode, I set the ISO myself, and I make sure I'm happy with the shutter speed. If it's an unusual subject I take a shot and check the histogram.

It would help if you post an example or two, along with the EXIF.
01-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

There are a couple of things to consider when moving from a P&S to a DSLR:

1. Depth of field (DOF)- it's much smaller with the DSLR than the P&S for any aperture setting
2. Focus is more critical because of the DOF
3. Because of 1 & 2, you need to make sure you've chosen a good aperture to start out with, f/8 is a good all-around place to start
4. Try manual focus, the lens may be front of back focusing

My apologies if I have misinterpreted your issues.

I know it's frustrating, but the two camera types really are different beasts. There is a learning curve with a DSLR. Perhaps you can find a local camera group that can give you some pointers and help you out.

Sorry this isn't more helpful, hope everything works out for you.
01-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Read the Manual.

01-23-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Configure Focusing-settings

I think you should also try by configuring like this to be sure your camera isn't doing stuff you can't control.

Set the AF-mode to AF-S and Focus Priority or if you wish Release-priority
Set the Focusing Area (AF-point) to Spot

With this setting you will get focus where you aim your cameras centre point and press the shutter release button halfway. You can then recompose.

Read about this in the manual, pages 122-136.
01-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Braga Quote
Bom dia amigos,

Ate pouco tempo atras, era o feliz usuario de uma compacta Nikon Coolpix 8800, que entregava fotos com qualidade incrivel, onde o forte era a nitidez das imagens.

Resolvi entao vender a compacta e dar um passo alem e comprar uma DSLR. Apos pesquisar bastante (inclusive aqui no Pentaxforums), me convenci que seria uma Pentax K-r - 18-55mm, pois sua antecessora a K-x, vencia a maioria dos comparativos com as concorrentes.

Infelizmente na pratica isso nao esta acontecendo, pois estou utilizando a K-r nos modos cena da propria camera e tambem algumas tentativas personalizadas, mas só recebo imagens sem detalhes e com pessima resoluçao. Já tentei com tripe, utilizando o timer e nada. Estou bastante decepcionado com o equipamento.

Tenho conciencia do pouco conhecimento que tenho sobre fotografia, mas penso que nos modos pre configurados, os resultados deveriam ser satisfatorios, pois ja fiz centenas de fotos e nenhuma com resultado razoável, até mesmo compactas das mais simples, produzem melhores resultados

Por favor, se alguem tiver algo a me dizer que possa fazer melhorar o desempenho da camera, ficarei muito grato.

Um abraço a todos.

sell me the k-r and buy the P&S nikon again?
01-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try shooting in "P" mode or fully Auto hand held with good light. If you don't get an acceptable image, maybe you should look at returning the camera or at least stopping back into the camera shop as there may be issues with how you are holding the camera (must be steady).
You also need to shut off the anti-shake function if you use a tripod or you will cause bad images.

You are not expecting too much of your new camera....no need to be a pro to make at least acceptable images.

Good luck.

01-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #8

plz do not forget that most P&S Cams use an huge amout of sharpening algorithms, so it might be usefull to use some software to archive what you like.

Or maybe just increase the sharpness in the customization menu
01-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
We need to see some examples of your pictures. If we can see your pictures and read the exif info, we can tell you what's wrong.
01-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #10

Photos: Gallery
unlike p&s there is generally more work involved...hence why one camera is called a 'point-and-shoot' and the other is not....'point-and-shoot' for cameras is like 'plug-and-play' for computers.

anyways, my wife uses auto-pict on our k100d with a whopping 6mp and her pictures turn out great - my suggestion is to try to use a different mode.
01-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
Veteran Member

The biggest problem coming from a P&S to a DSLR is the DOF issue. This catches people out when they let the camera decide where to focus, and often it guesses wrong. Second is that people get use to the ridiculous over sharpening and contast/color boosting most P&S cameras do.
01-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #12
Veteran Member

A friend of mine followed my recommendation and bought a K-x for her sister, who used the camera for about 2 weeks before declaring herself dissatisfied with it. I told her she should read the manual, read online tutorials, etc., to which she responded that she had tried all the settings... I met with her a few days ago, explained her the relation among ISO, aperture, shutter speed. I also told her about DOF, focusing points and focusing in general, bokeh, etc. Although much better than her initial results, her photos still suck, but at least she no longer thinks it's the camera's fault.
01-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #13
Veteran Member

It's very easy to make a bad picture with a DSLR.
01-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gashog Quote
It's very easy to make a bad picture with a DSLR.
I don't know... there's a few newbie tricks that can get you a decent picture almost all the time.

1) macro shots, when you're in so close, every freaking dam thing is gonna look good lol, even a fly look cool.

2) wide ass landscape shots, ok when you go down to 10 or 12mm shots it get so dam wide people will just be like "wow that look so cool"

3) long exposure street shots with tripod, people are so into those streak of lights, you can shoot anything and they wont' notice .

there's alot of funky thing you can do with a camera and make it look "cool", most casual shooter wanting a DSLR is a bit over kill, they don't want to learn photography, they don't want to "do this" "do that", they just want to "look like a model when on pictures", but doesn't understand that the pro take 10 kazillian pictures to get 1-2 good shots and put on a magazine.
01-23-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Select and use Central Focus Point, use AF-S, try not to use shutter speed slower than 1/150", have SR on, read the User Manual and get Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson .