Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2011, 03:51 AM   #16
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Most of the pre-charged varieties have low idle discharge rates and good longevity in high powered devices. Though they now go for 2100mAh when they used to go for 2450, 2600 and 2700mAh...
Go figure.
In any case, they do really well now.
But my all time favourite set of rechargeable NiMH batteries have got to be Maha's Powerex 2700mAh varieties - they've been out for a long time now and have never failed me yet - 2 sets over a 5 year period. Brilliant.

02-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
Thanks!

Once again, I stumbled across something I needed to know thanks to Pentax Forums!

I read the "aa battery" threads and learned about Duracell Pre-Charged being rebadged Eneloops. Picked up 2 packs at Target a couple of days ago, and will probably pick up a couple more soon. My Energizer NiMHs were getting tired, and my GPS is hungry, so this is awesome!
02-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Yeah. Eneloops are the best. I have the Duracell rebranded Eneloop ones. They seem to last longer than my Rayovacs. I've been using the same charge since November and have taken 10gigs of photos. I shoot in RAW+ so that's a fair amount of pictures. Not sure what the exact number is.

Advice is if you can't find Eneloops get the rebranded Duraloops. If Duraloops not available Rayovac is also reputable.
02-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #19
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a set of Raynovacs and even brand new they weren't able to stand the stamina test - going to red battery indicator in a matter of less than 50 actuations, then finally giving up the ghost with less than 10 minutes of video. The 2 year old Powerexs still power through for over 300 shots and some video to boot.

So get the best quality batteries you can to avoid disappointment.

02-08-2011, 01:17 AM   #20

just to clarify regarding Duracell Pre-charged rechargeable batteries:

- the ones with the white top on the positive end and the packaging says Made in Japan are rebadged eneloops

- the ones with the black top on the positive end and the packaging says Made in China are rebadged Rayovac Hybrids (the original ones)

one note about Rayovacs. the original Hybrids hold their own against even the eneloops with regular use. i think it's the idle discharge rate where the eneloop has the advantage. i get well over 600 shots on a single charge using Rayovac Hybrids as well as eneloops in my K-x and K200D. now, i believe the original Rayovac Hybrids were renamed as Rayovac Platinum. so, if you can't get your hands on eneloops, the Rayovac Hybrid and/or Platinum batteries are still viable alternatives. you can find lots of information on LSD batteries on candlepowerforums.
02-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #21

On the energizer lithiums, soap.com has a $10 off code (10BUCKSFREE) you have to have ordered from diapers.com first but for anyone with little kids you can find stuff CHEAP there. I have 4 girls, the youngest 2 are 1 yr old twins and I can find Carter's outfits for 1.75 that were in the store for $10. Anyway, I ordered my last set of spare batteries from soap.com used the code and just paid shipping of $4.99 (shipping is free after $25) and got them 2 days later. Ta-da half price batteries!
02-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #22

So I've been shooting a dozen or so pics everyday for about 3 months now and I am still on my first set of Energizer Lithium. These things last a long time.

02-11-2011, 03:18 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by trojancast Quote
So I've been shooting a dozen or so pics everyday for about 3 months now and I am still on my first set of Energizer Lithium. These things last a long time.
They do, though my experience of using them in a Canon A70 is that they fail very suddenly - suspect they hold the voltage right to the bitter end then it drops straight to 0 or as near as dam it.
02-11-2011, 03:24 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cats_five Quote
They do, though my experience of using them in a Canon A70 is that they fail very suddenly - suspect they hold the voltage right to the bitter end then it drops straight to 0 or as near as dam it.
Very true. They seem to hold full green for 800-1000 shots, orange for another couple of hundred, but by the time they hit red you have very few shots left (20?).
11-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #25
Veteran Member

The following link is the only reference I can find for Duracell pre-charged rechargeable batteries in Australia. I cannot see if the end cap (top) is black or white in the pic'. Perhaps someone can verify that these are the re-badged eneloops?

Duracell | StayCharged Batteries | AA / AAA Rechargeable Batteries

Cheers
11-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Looks like the rebadged Eneloop which were made in Japan. But if I were to buy today, I would just go for the Sanyo XX from eBay for less than $20 a set.
11-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Dick Smith sell eneloops
11-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #28

I accidentally found that the Energizer Lithium batteries can regenerate themselves somewhat if you let them settle several days. I had several spent sets in my recycling container when a nephew asked for some batteries for his camera and I didn't want to give him my brand new Lithiums, so I gave him a couple of "spent" Lithiums and to my surprise he got plenty of shots out of them.

The next time around I rescued a set of four spent Lithiums and reused them until no more could be extracted. I now rescued several other spent batteries and tested them with a multimeter and all are registering over 1.6 volts.

Still, I just ordered via Amazon a set of 16 Eneloops just for use in my K-x along with a La Crosse charger; probably the best combination. We'll see.

Cheers.
11-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #29
Forum Member

I use the NiMH rechargeables (2700 mAh) from RadioShack in conjunction with a Campower 15 minute charger. Works like a charm. The batteries are cheap enough I don't worry about losing them and I generally get 400-450 shots on my *ist-DL. In my Pentax AF200 and Sunpak 5504G flashes, I try to use lithiums as the NiMH just get killed.
11-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #30
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
Looks like the rebadged Eneloop which were made in Japan. But if I were to buy today, I would just go for the Sanyo XX from eBay for less than $20 a set.
Be careful on eBay, there are fake Eneloops out there.