Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #16

As far as the sling bags go, I just got a Slingshot 200AW and have no regrets about that decision. Best one I've tried. Holds quite a bit more than I thought it would!

10-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #17
Inactive Account

The kit lenses are a steal. Probably one of the best optically for such cheap lenses. I shoot both Canon gear and Pentax, and I must say that you won't find any special glass in Canon's kit lenses as you do with Pentax. On top of that, the Pentax kit lenses are cheaper priced.

I opted for the 16-45 f4, but do have the 50-200. I know the 50-200 is a keeper. From what I have seen, the 18-55 looks just as good. As far as quality goes, you would be amazed at what the kit lenses can do. Definitely money well spent.

Something to think about later. You may want to get the battery grip. It completes the camera, making it even more ergonomic..if that is possible. With that, you can buy another battery and not have to worry about recharging for ages. Inside the battery grip, you can store an extra memory card, and the Pentax IR remote. Just something to think about later.
10-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks again for all the input. We're definitely in the market now for bags. My wife already has a Lowe Pro (an older backpack type) but has been looking at the Slingshot 200 and musing aloud how she would really like one. So, with your endorsement, I'll probably swing for one (for her) and take over her Lowe Pro until I can see whether or not I like the Sling Shot as well.

In all probability, the next lens purchase will be the 50-200. But that is several months off for reasons stated above. I'm thrilled to hear the good words about the kit lens. And... I'm beginning to get as excited and anxious about the arrival of our cameras as my wife is. This will mean so much to us to be able to go out on Saturday outings and share this hobby. Really... it's much more than I can express. Thanks again.

Oh... almost forgot. I did not buy the three year added warranty. I know the camera comes with a one year US warranty. I also know that since I used my Amex card, it is ensured for two years (so I have a second year so to speak). It didn't seem prudent at the time to spend yet another $80 for an extra year. Any comments would be appreciated since I could change my mind before the package arrives.