Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K mount on sigma 200mm F3.5

I just bought a Sigma 200mm F3.5 lens with a Pentax K mount. Tried to put it on my K10d and it seems that there's something preventing it from turning to lock the lens. I've read that these lens mount is compatible with the K10d. am I doing something wrong?

01-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I had an Access lens with a similar issue. It would mount fine to my film cameras, but not my K10d or my *ist DL. It seems the flange on the bottom is too wide and interferes with the camera so the lens will not slide in far enough to couple and turn.
If you're interested I still have photos of it in the Marketplace under Access 35-70 macro zoom. You can see if the lens has a similar mount / similar problem.

Tony
02-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback Tony, I measured the flange or tab ( that controls the aperture )at the back of the lens and it was a bit longer compared to the rest of my lenses, as luck would have it , it was made of plastic. so I just shaved off a bit at a time until it cleared and locked. works like a charm now. Sorry it took so long to reply, thanks again.
02-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm glad that worked for you. After I posted to your question, I read a blog by someone that had done what you did, but with a lens like mine (metal). He used a dremel. Though I'm sure I could have done it, I kept thinking of the possibility of a minute piece of metal being stuck to the lens and falling into my sensor.
That's fine, another forum member has the lens and it's working great for him. He shoots primarily film.