Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2011, 02:31 AM   #31
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I went to Rome 2 years ago and went for my honeymoon to Bali last year...

First of all take as fewer lenses as possible and enjoy the moment! Do not spoil the moments by changing lenses and saying all teh time "one minute to take a photo..."

For Italy, the best would be a wide lens, and also with some zoom.
For Bali, the best would be wide lens, and also long zoom.
The above is because Italy has so many intersting building that you want to capture the whole thing in front of you! But in Bali you want to take photos of animals and faces of people, which is where the zoom lens is needed...

In general for a trip the best should be 18-maximum that you can afford in $ and in weight...
Also we always carry with us at trips a small point and shoot camera, in case we want to go somewhere without a dslr on our shoulders...

02-01-2011, 02:38 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Leana Quote
Who has time to take pictures when on a honeymoon??
Haha, a da15 and off camera strobe works great for the X-rated honey moon pics in the bed
02-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #33
Veteran Member

I took these when I was in Rome last. I decided to only take my FA35/2 with me to cut down on weight and bother. The first two were taken at the Vatican Museum and the third is the oculus of the Pantheon just after dusk.

Jason

Jason
02-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #34
Pentaxian

I'd agree that just one fast&wide prime15/24 + fast 40-85 lens. Should do it. It is ofcourse depending what you like to shoot. that idea of compact P&S cam is not that bad either. It is small and you can carry it anywhere.

02-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #35
Veteran Member

of course you could save the dought for buying all the great wine and shoot with a Holga

02-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #36
Pentaxian

As the original poster stated, he can´t afford 300 GBP for a lens. Most of the recommendations here (while for very good lenses) are out of his budget. I think the best option to get as wide as you can for little money is to go for the 16-45 f/4, which you should be able to get for around 230 GBP (try Park Cameras).

If your budget will stretch to it, I would always recommend a cheap manual focus fast 50 as well, for use in low light. The f1.7 or 1.4 versions will all be very sharp by f2.8, which will still give you an edge of one stop over the 16-45, and two stops over the kit lens at the same focal length.