Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
PENTAX orange lolly

Dear Homo Pentaxens
For all of you who use the PENTAX orange lolly here is something you may be interested in.

I have been using the lolly for some years now with great success. Just recently though I could not remove a speck of dust from my K7 sensor which was clearly visible on the monitor but not direct on the sensor even under bright light.

After several attempts with the lolly I figured the speck of dust must have been sticking to the sensor with greater force than the lolly can lift. I also noticed that the stickiness of the orange head seemed to have declined over the years. So here is what I did to rejuvenate the stickiness of the orange Polymer which is known to lose its "grip" with time.

I washed my fingertips of my left hand with dish washing detergent long and thoroughly. (In a motion like indicating money.) Than I put a "hint" of dish washing detergent on one fingertip and rubbed it over the flat surface of the lolly. (The part that makes contact with the sensor.) After that I rinsed the lolly head long under running warm water. Where I live the tap water is soft and clean. If this is not the case in your area you may have to buy some distilled water from the supermarket.

Now this is important! Do not dry the lolly with anything but shake the water off with fast flicks and let it dry by itself. When the lolly appears to be dry run it over the sticky cleaning paper as you normally would before cleaning. Wow, you will notice immediately how much more sticky the little thing is.

I applied the lolly to the sensor and the spot is gone. So the rejuvenated stickiness has made the difference.

If you can eat a meal successfully with a knife and fork you should be able to do this. However if something goes wrong you are on your own and do not blame me.

Greetings from sunny Melbourne

01-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As a big proponent of the Pentax Lolly, I won't blame you but thank you for the tip. I'll be adding to to my article on sensor cleaning if you don't mind.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-camera-articles/121739-those-...ml#post1259109

01-29-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Go right ahead, be my guest.

Greetings again