Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #1

K-2000 won't turn on.

Help! I have not had my camera on in a month. When I turned it on..dead. Okay, replaced batteries ( copper top) and again turned it on. Dead. Yes, the batteries are all in correctly - first thing I checked as I have been known to put them in wrong before.

Now I am stumped...what am I missing?

Thanks much for any suggestions.

j

01-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by neongirl Quote
Help! I have not had my camera on in a month. When I turned it on..dead. Okay, replaced batteries ( copper top) and again turned it on. Dead. Yes, the batteries are all in correctly - first thing I checked as I have been known to put them in wrong before.

Now I am stumped...what am I missing?

Thanks much for any suggestions.

j
Is the door for the SD card open?

and, you shoud use extended life lithiums batteries. Copper tops don't last long at all in digital cameras.
01-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #3

Original Poster
SD door is closed.

Ok..few min later I pulled the SD card ( 3rd time) and rearranged the batteries again( for the 6th time).. - and thanks, I will get some of the long life lithium next time i am out. Well, anyway, the camera turned on YAY! I have had trouble with it prior reseting to defaults on date, etc..and perhaps this is related to batteries or contact issues.

Thanks for your help, it was greatly appreciated.

j

Last edited by neongirl; 01-30-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: addit'l info
01-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It does absolutely Nothing? Or does it flicker on and then shut off?

01-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Check all 4 old batteries with voltmeter and see if any one of them shorted & killed itself (along with the camera). Also, K2000 works best with NiMH or Lithium AA, not alkalines.
01-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by neongirl Quote
SD door is closed.

Ok..few min later I pulled the SD card ( 3rd time) and rearranged the batteries again( for the 6th time).. - and thanks, I will get some of the long life lithium next time i am out. Well, anyway, the camera turned on YAY! I have had trouble with it prior reseting to defaults on date, etc..and perhaps this is related to batteries or contact issues.

Thanks for your help, it was greatly appreciated.

j
I've found myself cussing my camera because it wouldn't power up. Only to find that I still had the SD card door still open.

Energizer Lithium2 batteries work well and you might also want to investigate "Eneloop" Hybrid rechargeable NiMH batteries.

Glad your camera powered up and the data loss could be directly releated to the Alkaline batteries.