Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you're using a remote, odds are your camera is on a tripod. Try a mirror place on the ground angled toward the camera. Make sure no nasty reflections hit the lens, or all you pics may look like a J.J. Abrams movie.

02-06-2011, 04:40 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
As the OP , thanks for all the replies, and I bought a ebay remote JJC brand model RM-E7 and despite the K-r only having a front reciever it "sees" the transmitter from behind. In fact it is only when pointed at the left hand side of the body does it NOT"see it"
02-06-2011, 04:48 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Just in case beginners are not aware, the K20D has two remote receivers, on the front and back of the camera.
I've had a K20D for almost three years and I just now found out it has an IR receiver on the back! Of course, I never bought the remote until I got the K-5 (and still haven't used it) so I suppose it is sort of moot at this late date.

My first impression upon taking my new remote out of the box was that if I have any sense at all I will hunt up a piece of bright orange tape to put on the thing before I use it. I'm most likely to use it at night and if I drop that solid black tiny piece of plastic I'm not sure I could ever find it again.
02-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
My first impression upon taking my new remote out of the box was that if I have any sense at all I will hunt up a piece of bright orange tape to put on the thing before I use it. I'm most likely to use it at night and if I drop that solid black tiny piece of plastic I'm not sure I could ever find it again.
Main reason that kept me from getting the Pentax remote.
My Sony remote is large enough to be used as a wheel-chock..