Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"short" focus

I was reading that on the nikon it has a "short" focus feature that works like this: you prefocus and this setting only focus within (I think) 8 feet of prefocused spot.
Is there an equivelent in the K10?

thanks

randy

02-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Are you thinking maybe of 'hyperfocus'? That's the point you'd prefocus to, in order to get a desired DOF. For instance, with a 21mm lens, if I set the aperture to f/11 and then prefocus (hyperfocus) to 2m, my DOF is from 1m to infinity. Or towards the other extreme, if I prefocus to 0.66m, then my DOF is from 0.5m to 1m. Such a hyperfocus trick can be played with any lenses, although shorter focal lengths give more leeway. Does that help?
02-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Are you thinking maybe of 'hyperfocus'? That's the point you'd prefocus to, in order to get a desired DOF. For instance, with a 21mm lens, if I set the aperture to f/11 and then prefocus (hyperfocus) to 2m, my DOF is from 1m to infinity. Or towards the other extreme, if I prefocus to 0.66m, then my DOF is from 0.5m to 1m. Such a hyperfocus trick can be played with any lenses, although shorter focal lengths give more leeway. Does that help?
I think i read it in one of scott kelby's digital photography books... will check it when I get home

randy