Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
rlatjsrud

K-5

CameraKings
Shopping Cart
DBuys

this month I'm going to buy K-5 with 16-50. I have three site to buy. I think cameraking is cheaper. but few people said they send different stuff what I ordered.
16-50 will buy at abe's.

what do you think about cameraking?
Is it good choice buy K-5 at cameraking?

02-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

CameraKings is Broadway Photo, famous for selling "import model," AKA "gray market." They also have many other names. Forget it.

DBuys is IbuyDigital. They are kind of OK but you should expect a phone call from them asking you to buy craps.

Abe's of Maine is OK. I bought a few lenses from them without any problem.

If you want to stick to one of those three, I recommend Abe's of Maine.

But now I buy from only B&H or Adorama or Amazon. The apparent "saving" of questionable stores is not worth the trouble.
02-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Considering that they have an xml error on that page, I'd say probably not

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more generally has some of the best deals out there, followed by B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders and Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera

I'd buy from one of them so that a return can be made if needed. Not sure how many stocked bodies are still stained.
02-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Uh, check here first: Camera Kings (bwayphoto.com, preferredphoto.com, digitalliquidators.com, regalcamera.com, more..) - camerakings.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

Looks like they use a whole bunch of business and website names... which throws up a BIG red flag for me.

Most likely you will get the "it's out of stock until you decide to buy these overpriced filters and protection program, etc., etc." but then I don't know because I would go with B&H or Adorama or Amazon, who are known companies with single websites and known return policies.

02-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
DO NOT buy from camerakings. Possibly the worst on-line retailer in the history of mankind. They are notorious for sending the wrong item (some instances as bad as sending a audio/video receiver when the person ordered a DSLR camera) and when you try to return their mistake you will surely run into multiple hurdles. Once camerakings sent out the wrong item and when the customer called to correct it, camerakings told him that they did in fact send the right product and that he must have switched it out. I have also heard that they will sometimes accept your return and never pay you back the refund. I was really close to buying my Kx from them but luckily I did some research before pulling the trigger.
02-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
rlatjsrud

so....
Abe's and dbuy are good choice...
02-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
so....
Abe's and dbuy are good choice...
No. B&H and Adorama are a good choice.

02-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Definitely Amazon, B&H, or Adorama for a K-5 purchase. Just think, if there's something wrong with the camera (i.e. sensor stains) it's more then worth it to be able to return the camera hassle free.
02-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
rlatjsrud

OnpointElectronics.com
hey guys. how about this site?
02-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Or how about using this resellerratings.com and decide for yourself? The suggestions you've received thus far have been pretty consistent.
02-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
OnpointElectronics.com
hey guys. how about this site?
The reply posts have recommended three reputable outfits: Amazon, B&H, and Adorama. Is the "saving" worth that much trouble of buying from a questionable store?
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Why ask the question if you aren't interested in the answers?
02-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazon rock`s.. Bought couple Stream-light 2 AA led flash-lights through them.
One went Tango Uniform 3 weeks into it. E-mailed them, got an RMA/return label back under 5 minutes via e-mail and the replacement was shipped and on the way almost immediately. Talk about customer service.
02-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #14
Inactive Account

I've purchased from Abe's and they are very good on their pricing and shipment. However if your going to buy a K-5, I already sent back 2 with the sensor stain issue. They cannot tell you if the one they are sending out will have this problem as they do not check serial numbers.
02-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
OnpointElectronics.com This is a front company for onpoint camera, at the same location in Brooklyn, NY. They are a front company that does not hold inventory at their location, but instead take customer orders then at the end of the week, purchase from another supplier. They will also try to sell you items that come with the camera, like the battery, or try to get you to buy extended warranties at inflated prices.

Check the online reviews for them, they have dosens of complaints against them.

My advice: Stick with the reputable retailers: Adorama, B&H, etc.