Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2011, 06:47 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax USA Customer Service (K5 heading to Arizona)

So I am sending my K5 off to Arizona for the sensor stain issue. Anyone done this recently? I called the local authorized repair center and they referred me to Pentax's center as the sensor parts are, apparently, hard to get right now. If anyone has sent theirs off, how long did it take to get your camera back? Did they actually just replace the sensor or send a new body? Thanks for any real world experiences. The Pentax CS rep indicated it would take a "couple of days" but the email I received referenced "weeks". This may be better off in the K5 sub forum, mods please move if this is not the appropriate place. Thanks for any responses!

02-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If you look around the forum you'll see several of us have sent K-5's to C.R.I.S. in Arizona - myself included. They are not repairing the cameras, they are replacing them. Total turn around time looks like something in the 4 week (or more) time frame, as they have to wait to get replacement bodies from Japan.

Once you know C.R.I.S. has your camera, you can shoot them an email. They will respond with your customer service numbers and you can then track your camera on their website.
02-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, Tom. The rep told me they would be replacing the sensor assembly, but I had read of others saying they got a whole new body. Appreciate the feedback!